Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS w/ 2x ext VS Canon 100-400 IS?

Let me ask yah.... You sold/selling your Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 to purchase a Canon 70-200 f/2.8L. What did you learn in that process?

hahaha well said. I learned that I am satisfied with nothing but the best. I also learned that I'd better start making more money!

Im glad i came accross this thread. I recently got my sigma 70-200mm (love it) but i know im going to need more range if i want to start shooting local sports semi-professionally (swimming, soccer, track, football, baseball, community events) I plan on saving up for the sigma 2x one, i really wanna make sure i get the best one because i know that with TC's, especially 2X onesm that going cheap can result in really crappy IQ. My other choice would to get an older and longer prime, or a cheaper new zoom like a 70-300mm. After doing some research i think going with a TC is the better choice.

The Kenko Teleplus PRO converters often get better reviews than the Canon ones, but the Canon ones are weather sealed and better built. From memory Alex B has a kenko pro one

I believe the Kenko Pro x1.4 will give similar IQ to Canon's.

The Kenko x2 give inferior IQ compared to Canon.

Do not remember the savings, but it was substantial enough for me to jump for Kenko x1.4

The Kenko Teleplus PRO converters often get better reviews than the Canon ones, but the Canon ones are weather sealed and better built. From memory Alex B has a kenko pro one

ahh Kenko Pro...

Those are almost as expensive as the Canon ones!!

alrighty! I just ordered the Canon 2x II extender. Wahoo! I'll let everyone know how I like it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back