CANON 7D & 5D SERIES CAMERAS ARE DEAD!!!

I use a 5dii and a 7D and they're both fine. I'm not really bothered about what the latest models are coming out, though I might upgrade to a 5Diii for the better focus.

But my cameras still produce some great images if I point them in the right direction.
If you're buying a new camera, I'd say do the new tech (go to mirrorless).

Yes I'm a little late for this fest, but as someone who's main cameras are a couple of 50-Ds, (a 40-D for time lapse, three 20-Ds and a drawer full of 10-D for remote and experimental projects) I'll be likely to someday get an R something when I'm forced to go more modern. Good part, in my opinion, is most of the development and adjustments, will be standard and side issues that can pop up will be better resolved.

I bought and EOS-M when they came out. I'm really impressed. It's a nice fun camera and my main attraction was APS-C sensor in a pocketable camera. If you have a large pocket. I think the M line is also a dead end now? I'm happy I got introduced to mirrorless with a nice toy.

Good to watch and the R seems to be the future. I'm not one to jump ahead and I can wait, but I also look forward to the day I need to replace my main camera. Lenses, not so excited, because I keep mine forever, unless I sell them. I've never ruined, dropped, broken or had a lens fail... Yet! 🤫

With an adapter, all the EF lenses have worked on the EOS-M that's enough for me to be confident the R will work even better.

No I never saw a personal need for a 7-D or a 5-D for myself. I do own a 1Ds II which is mostly unused.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back