Canon 7D - Pop up flash doesn't work

sunny_sony

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone, need some advice.

Today I bought 430 EX II external flash and mounted on my 7D and after that my built in flast is not working and in the menu built in flash option says "External Flash is attached" but I have removed it.

I have searched a lot in internet and people have mentioned about some micro switch under the hot shoe rail which can be pressed and hence camera thinks the external flash is attached.

I have lifted both sides of the hot shoe rails and can see tiny holes in both sides but there is no pin or anything which is depressed.

I am not sure what I need to release if I can't see anything as per instructions from various forums.

Appreciate any help.

Hi everyone, need some advice.

Today I bought 430 EX II external flash and mounted on my 7D and after that my built in flast is not working and in the menu built in flash option says "External Flash is attached" but I have removed it.

I have searched a lot in internet and people have mentioned about some micro switch under the hot shoe rail which can be pressed and hence camera thinks the external flash is attached.

I have lifted both sides of the hot shoe rails and can see tiny holes in both sides but there is no pin or anything which is depressed.

I am not sure what I need to release if I can't see anything as per instructions from various forums.

Appreciate any help.

I am a bit of a newbie, but I had a similar issue once on my 7D and not sure if you have checked this already (apologies if you have). When I first attached my 430 EX, I played around with the settings to try things out and inadvertantly disabled the internal flash. Once the 430EX was removed, the internal flash would not pop up regardless of settings until I re-enabled it. Check the flash settings menu.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back