CANON 7D realesed!!!

But 18MP? APS-C? WTF?!?!?

99% of the people who buy it will never need the 18MP. People who are freaking out about 18MP are the ones who fall into the marketing ploys that more MP = better camera.

Won't have the money for this toy in a while.

Well, I guess this one is my next buy ... I sorta wish they had weather-resisted it, but oh well ... I wonder what the street price will be (MSRP is $1699) and when we'll actually be able to get them.

B&H kit price with 28-135mm IS is $1899.95 .... no price yet on body only ...

Last edited by a moderator:
This may just be a nice replacement for my 40D. I like the specs. for those that are pissed its not full frame, you have other options. Some people like the crop sensor. I happen to like both. I find crop very useful for wildlife and sports, and for a cheaper body to throw under the seat of the pickup just in case. I anxiously await further reviews....

Great thread! I've been wanting to up my 20D since it's going to be my daughter's soon. I have to say I like this one the most out of all the XXD series since the 20D was released.

But 18MP APS-C....

Well, if you read the canon info and the dp review, canon has a new sensor design that they think allows this. I'm going to give it a chance and see what how it really performs, rather than blowing it off. I'm a child of the vacuum tube era -- who would have thought you could have a super computer on a tiny little chip?

Most reactions

Back