Canon 7D vs 60D - Is there really a huge difference

choudhrysaab - not sure why you bumped this older thread since the OP has already now purchased the 60D camera body - please keep an eye on the dates and developments in a thread before sending old finished stuff back up to the front page.

I just saw the date on the thread, and realized I was a little late to the party lol.

Choudhrysaab, shame on you for practicing Necromancy. :lol:

I haven't read all of the responses, so some of these things might have been mentioned, but here goes. I've owned both, and currently shoot with a 60D.

1) The 60D doesn't have lens AF micro-adjustment. I wish I had it, but it hasn't been a deal-breaker for me so far.
2) The 60D doesn't have a sync port. So, if you're using studio lighting, you'll probably need to buy a hotshoe to sync adapter, unless you're using something like Cybersyncs or Pocket Wizards (or the cheap eBay equivalents).
3) As mentioned before, the 7D's autofocus is superior to that of the 60D. I shoot mostly portraits, and it's been fine for that, but I wouldn't want to shoot sports or something similar with my 60D.
4) The 60D's flip-out screen has been very helpful for video shooting. I like being able to flip it in when I put my camera away, for protection.
5) This may not be actually true, but I'm finding the 60D's AWB to be more accurate than the 7D's.

Most reactions

Back