Canon bodies?!

I’ve already sold my Nikon stuff. It did a good job but I want something better and full frame.

The 6D is your best bet (unless you can afford a 5D IV). For any given lens focal length, you'll get a wider angle of view when you use a full-frame camera with that lens than you would with an APS-C camera.

This difference usually results in photographers moving closer to the subject to get the same composition and that results in a depth of field reduction and stronger amount of background blur (which many people find attractive in portraits.)

As for comparisons of Nikon (really Sony) sensors vs. Canon sensors... I don't buy into DXO "scores". I've found too many flaws with them to consider them to be a reputable source. That, and they don't share any actual results data nor actual methods... just "scores" (which are wildly subjective.)

In general, the larger the pixel size, the less noise it tends to exhibit. This is why full-frame sensor cameras tend to do better in low light as compared to APS-C cameras (it's not an absolute rule... but as a guideline it is true more often than not.)

Most reactions

Back