Canon body, Tamron lens from a Nikon camera... any way to make this work?

selsalu22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a Canon Xsi (450D), and was given a Tamrom 28-75mm lens off a Nikon D2Xs. Is there a way to convert this lens so that it works on my Canon? Or am I grasping at straws here?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Look for some of the Chinese-made adapters sold through multiple eBay vendors, for about $17.95 to $24.95 each. There are multiple different types of adapters; those made entirely of aluminum are typically black anodized in color, and feel pretty cheap. Better-made adapters are typically listed as being made of brass or bronze, and are chrome-plated,and usually feel much more solid. I own both types,and prefer the bronze or brass ones. If the lens in question has an aperture control ring on it, as the earlier versions of the Tamron 28-75 DO HAVE in F-mount, it's pretty easy to use the lens adapted to a Canon body. You'll have to shoot at working aperture, and will need to focus manually, but it can be made to work.

The newer version of the Tamron 28-75, the Tamron 28-75 model with the in-lens focusing motor is made like a Canon lens in that it has NO APERTURE RING on the lens, so it will be almost useless when adapted to a Canon body, and that version of the lens will remain stopped down to the smallest aperture at all times when used on a non-Nikon body.

Here's what one of these $17.95 adapter rings looks like
100003553.jpg
100003548.jpg

Most reactions

Back