Canon CanoScan D1250U2F Scanner - Film Scanning problems

PeterEllis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all, I've owned the above scanner for a number of years and occasionally the communication between the scanner and PC has had problems. In these cases I've simply uninstalled the drivers and then re-installed.

I now have a new problem in that when I come to want to select to scan either negatives OR slides , the drop down option simply isn't there where it used to be :( I have now uninstalled and reinstalled the driver (pink disc that came with the scanner) around 10 times and everytime I come to select the type either photo OR negative/slide - all I have is 'platen' and thats it (platen being a normal photo)

Has anyone else had this issue , how can I solve it ? Have I turned something off somehow in a setting somewhere ?? I use Adobe Photoshop Elements , Scan Gear, Scangear toolbox is there too but all I've found just give me the photo option .

all help gratefully received

Peter

That's bizarre.

One possibility is to get third party scanner software that interfaces with the scanner for you, such as VueScan. This may very well be able to access the physical potential of your scanner again and provide you GUI access to it. It costs money though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back