Canon digitals

molested_cow

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
img24.photobucket.com
Do you find that Canon's digital camera view finder isn't correctly calibrated at all?

I used my friend's G5 and appearently it's aimed too high. Then when I used the G2, same thing happened. So I have to use the LCD screen.

Even the Sony P10 is a bit off. What's going on?!

Unless you're using the LCD to compose it's going to be different. Even SLR's aren't exactly like what you see on the viewfinders.

molested_cow said:
Even SLRs?!

That sucks.
Yeah, but it's not as bad as with point and shoot cameras since you're actually looking through the lens. It's hardly noticable.

The difference is very minimal. It's never been a problem in the 2k+ images I've shot so far.

With the SLR's, you just see 90% of what the film see's. Theres a border around the viewfinder that you dont see. At least this is what I read. The more you pay, the more youll get to see, since the higher end slr's lets you see everything I think.

Unless I misunderstood, I think thats waht voodoocat meant.

What cow said, I think he meant that if you took a picture of something, with 12 lines going accross and each a different color. And you aim it at just the top 10 lines, the film will capture the bottom 10 lines instead.

Did I misunderstand? :0)

With the SLR's, you just see 90% of what the film see's. Theres a border around the viewfinder that you dont see. At least this is what I read. The more you pay, the more youll get to see, since the higher end slr's lets you see everything I think.

I think that 90% is a bit low. I remember reading figures like 95% for the digital rebel and 97% for the D70, or somewhere around those figures.

Most reactions

Back