Canon EF lenses?

ahelg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've got an EOS 300 (film version, not digital) and I was thinking about getting a new lens for it. All I've got is the one which came with it. It feels plastic and I'm sure I can getter better lenses. Anyway, I was browsing the web to see what kind of a lens mount is uses, and it's got whats called EF. I went on to Jessops site to look at what they've got , but there's nothing called EF. There's something called EF-S but they are all really expensive.

Can this camera use the Canon AF lenses?

Also any suggestions for cheap lenses, i.e. £150 and under?

EF-S is for sensors smaller than your 35mm film is. that means they will not work on an EOS 300.

All standard EF lenses will work however. A lot of EF lenses are way more expensive than any EF-S though , so don't be shocked when you find some EF ;) .... in particular when it is an L-lens with the red stripe ("L" as in luxury ;))

oh, and by the way, I own an EOS 100 which is not that far from the 300 ... those a re quite nice cameras :)

There are many, many EF lenses. Also, companies like Sigma, Tamron, Tokina, Vivitar etc....all make lenses in the EF mount (to fit EOS cameras).

What's your budget?

Here is a page with most of Canon's EF lenses.

It's a low end 'consumer' zoom...which means the quality is not superb...and it will feel just like the lens you have. Not to bad for starters though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back