Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS Lens

mr.mike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all and Happy Thanksgiving,
Just picked up a Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS lens in nice condition for $18.00 from an estate sale. I realize this is not the newer IS II or the STM version, but was wondering if I might still get some good use out of it for landscapes? The price was cheap, but hope this older model is still capable of delivering a decent photo? I'll be using it with a Canon EOS 50D. Looking forward to your responses.
Mike

Last edited:
Hi mr.mike, I had the original IS and then later on the STM version. The STM is definitely better. A 55-250 is a handy lens. My suggestion would be to try out the lens, and if it works for you, look for a second hand STM. I wanted to take pictures of birds, so in the end I bought a longer lens and got rid of the 55-250 because I was not using it anymore

Hi mr.mike, I had the original IS and then later on the STM version. The STM is definitely better. A 55-250 is a handy lens. My suggestion would be to try out the lens, and if it works for you, look for a second hand STM. I wanted to take pictures of birds, so in the end I bought a longer lens and got rid of the 55-250 because I was not using it anymore
Thank you for your response. I truly appreciate it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back