Canon entry level to Nikon d7000

Austinthemonstr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Am planning on investing in a Nikon d7000. I am moving from the canon EOS Rebel t3. I have decided that Nikon is the one for me. Can I get anyone's opinion?

I absolutely love my d7000!!I'm not a professional photographer by any means,nor do i know anything about Canon cameras,but i made enough with my Olympus E-300 to pay for my D7000,and what a tremondous step it was for me.I hope my next upgrade in a camera body gives me the same thrill!!!Read reviews from many different sources,and, keep in mind,what your intended uses are for....I sure wouldn't buy a 7000 for video,but thats just my opinion........

It's a great camera. Ask yourself if you can afford fast glass and lighting for it. That will be a more accurate estimation of the investment. Hope this is not a bummer. That's not my intention. I only want to help.

Have Fun, Mick

I hate to break it to you, but the Nikon D7000 is also an entry-level camera. But, it is Nikon's best entry-level camera like the Canon 60D is Canon's best entry-level camera.

By the way, the D7000's performance blows the Canon 60D out of the water. DxOMark - Compare cameras side by side

KmH... I realize the 3 zeros would indicate 'entry level' for Nikon's line-up, however the link you provided from DxO labels the D7000 as a Semi-Pro model. The D5100, as expected, they've labeled as an Entry-Level model. Not disputing you, just an observation... no disrespect.

The D7000 is one great camera. I haven't used any other DSLRs except the D5100 (for a few weeks before returning it) so I can't compare them (Canons and Nikons) but I have had the D7000 for about 7 months now and I haven't regretted buying it once.

The 7000 is a huge step above the 5100. A bunch of higher end features where shoved into the d7000. Look at pro cameras from 5 years ago, that will show you just how far we have come. For the price yoi cannot beat it

I hate to break it to you, but the Nikon D7000 is also an entry-level camera. But, it is Nikon's best entry-level camera like the Canon 60D is Canon's best entry-level camera.

By the way, the D7000's performance blows the Canon 60D out of the water. DxOMark - Compare cameras side by side

Sorry KmH, but the D7000 is most decidedly not "entry level", by way of several different metrics. Nice try though.

I love my D7000, I upgraded a few months ago from my hobby level D60. You'll want to get some better lenses eventually, at least a prime, but the kit lens is actually quite decent IMO.

It's not that I say the D7000 is an entry level camera, it's that NIKON says it's an entry-level camera based on their camera numbering system.

I really like my D7000. This weekend had it on top of a mountain in a blizzard with 50 mph winds. Worked flawlessly.

I know it's not technically a pro camera, but I do know a few pro's who ditched their D300's for it and havnt looked back.

It's not that I say the D7000 is an entry level camera, it's that NIKON says it's an entry-level camera based on their camera numbering system.

I can't find anywhere that Nikon specifically says that, can you link?

KmH said:

Not only the 60D, but the entire crop sensor cameras of Canon.

Most reactions

Back