Canon EOS 1D X Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnyHours

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Even if I am a Nikon user I am pretty impressed with what canon has done this time.
I needed to share this with you guys since nobody has yet...
Link to the preview

Someone actually just posted this link about 2 or 3 days ago. Or atleast a link to the same camera.

I am trying to figure out how I am going to buy one! I am pretty sure if I get rid of a couple of kids, donate a kidney and mortgage my house I can SQUEEZE into it. Until then? I am drooling.

Hmm, ok, nice camera. So what? Does it suddenly make us understand light? Does it include the knowledge of how to use DOF? Does it magically endow us with compositional mastery? No, didn't think so. Somehow I get the feeling that for the majority of users, they would be getting results that look similar to what they are getting with their existing cameras: out-of-focus, poorly framed, not-so-well-exposed snapshots. Of course, for a very small minority of photographers, this camera will allow them to surpass their previous limits, especially when it comes to low-noise performance. But for the majority of potential users, it will improve one's ability to take good photos the way a Rolex help you tell time better.

Hmm, ok, nice camera. So what? Does it suddenly make us understand light? Does it include the knowledge of how to use DOF? Does it magically endow us with compositional mastery? No, didn't think so. Somehow I get the feeling that for the majority of users, they would be getting results that look similar to what they are getting with their existing cameras: out-of-focus, poorly framed, not-so-well-exposed snapshots. Of course, for a very small minority of photographers, this camera will allow them to surpass their previous limits, especially when it comes to low-noise performance. But for the majority of potential users, it will improve one's ability to take good photos the way a Rolex help you tell time better.
It's not targeted at 'most photographers'...it's targeted at pros who need a professional level body....which is a very small minority of photographers.

Mike, I agree. But a lot of forum posters are drooling over this piece of gear and as you said, it's really only for a very small subset. But I guess it's like lusting after a Bugatti or Maserati, or whatever very expensive toy that can make you think you'd really really want it.

3rd thread about this camera:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back