He's got 'photos' of the camera with three different boxes, and two different lenses, and you would feel totally safe and secure sending money his way for a $2,000 camera?
I've read the posts. I don't get the impression that this guy is after anything other than money. If he wants to post an image of the 5D Mark II, with the 24-70, AND his name and the date on a piece of paper... We'd be going somewhere. Otherwise, this is just as bad as the guy selling a D300s and posting photos of a D7000.
It's really easy for someone to say "Yeah, you should buy the OP's gear. Seems legit." When you have no intention of buying it in the first place. If I'm the concerned buyer, I'm going to need more to go on then images pulled off of google.
Bah! - I didn't say any of this you put in both posts lol. I never said it was safe, I never said he wasn't a scammer, I also never that it was a good deal lol.
My main point is that people are picking out things in the images as if they are tell-tale signs that he's a scammer. Could he be a scammer? 100%
Could he not be? Sure. Having different lighting and a backdrop could mean anything. He could have had the picture taken by someone else one time, had a picture taken with his phone another time etc. Or he didn't have another camera to take a picture and just used online images. That's all I'm saying. Not trying to drop anyone's guard here.