Canon EOS 5D Mark II 21.1 MP Digital SLR Camera - Black (Kit w/ EF L USM 24-70mm Lens

My main point is that people are picking out things in the images as if they are tell-tale signs that he's a scammer. Could he be a scammer? 100%
Could he not be? Sure. Having different lighting and a backdrop could mean anything. He could have had the picture taken by someone else one time, had a picture taken with his phone another time etc. That's all I'm saying.

Yeah, you're totally right.

Could he not be a scammer? Sure.

Has he done anything so far in this thread to disprove that he's a scammer? Nope.

Even if he did have the picture taken by someone else, how do you explain the different boxes and different lenses?
Aliens.

He's got 'photos' of the camera with three different boxes, and two different lenses, and you would feel totally safe and secure sending money his way for a $2,000 camera?

I've read the posts. I don't get the impression that this guy is after anything other than money. If he wants to post an image of the 5D Mark II, with the 24-70, AND his name and the date on a piece of paper... We'd be going somewhere. Otherwise, this is just as bad as the guy selling a D300s and posting photos of a D7000.

It's really easy for someone to say "Yeah, you should buy the OP's gear. Seems legit." When you have no intention of buying it in the first place. If I'm the concerned buyer, I'm going to need more to go on then images pulled off of google.

Bah! - I didn't say any of this you put in both posts lol. I never said it was safe, I never said he wasn't a scammer, I also never that it was a good deal lol.

My main point is that people are picking out things in the images as if they are tell-tale signs that he's a scammer. Could he be a scammer? 100%
Could he not be? Sure. Having different lighting and a backdrop could mean anything. He could have had the picture taken by someone else one time, had a picture taken with his phone another time etc. Or he didn't have another camera to take a picture and just used online images. That's all I'm saying. Not trying to drop anyone's guard here.

Give up, Ballistics, you've lost already. You're the only one that's siding with him. No need to keep fighting.

On second thought, keep arguing. Maybe you and o hey tyler can lock this thread up for good.

Holy crap, no one reads posts lmao. Where do I side with him? There's nothing to lose, this isn't a fact/fiction thread. Keep trying to create a bigger problem than there actually is though.

I think the biggest point here is that the TPF detective team has thwarted another potential scam. IF this really is legit, I think the OP should definitely address the issues people have listed as well as take a new photo with his name in it. Not sure I see that happening though. If your reading this snapshot3000, prove the skeptics wrong.

This doesn't disprove that he's a scammer if he posts a picture with his name and the gear. Just proves that he actually has it.

he could have just grabbed pics off the internet because he didn't have another camera.

p600399123.jpg

I think the biggest point here is that the TPF detective team has thwarted another potential scam. IF this really is legit, I think the OP should definitely address the issues people have listed as well as take a new photo with his name in it. Not sure I see that happening though. If your reading this snapshot3000, prove the skeptics wrong.

This doesn't disprove that he's a scammer if he posts a picture with his name and the gear. Just proves that he actually has it.

That's much better than not having it at all. It'll at least make him a bit more trustworthy.

Could he not be? Sure. Having different lighting and a backdrop could mean anything. He could have had the picture taken by someone else one time, had a picture taken with his phone another time etc. That's all I'm saying.

Yeah, you're totally right.

Could he not be a scammer? Sure.

Has he done anything so far in this thread to disprove that he's a scammer? Nope.

Even if he did have the picture taken by someone else, how do you explain the different boxes and different lenses?

I re-edited my post - I said he could have just grabbed pics off the internet because he didn't have another camera. Possibilities are endless.
Furthermore, it could be a stolen camera as well.

Do you realize how hard these pictures are to find on Google? He's trying to make scam us. Anybody that didn't have another camera would likely click on the first picture that Google provides him, or one of the first. These pictures are near impossible to find unless searching backwards.

I didnt say that it WOULD disprove hes a scammer.. but it would be a good start in doing so wouldnt it?
also, i think i mentioned something in my post about the OP addressing the other issues people have listed as well...

Bah! - I didn't say any of this you put in both posts lol. I never said it was safe, I never said he wasn't a scammer, I also never that it was a good deal lol.

Could he not be? Sure. Having different lighting and a backdrop could mean anything. He could have had the picture taken by someone else one time, had a picture taken with his phone another time etc. Or he didn't have another camera to take a picture and just used online images. That's all I'm saying. Not trying to drop anyone's guard here.

Give up, Ballistics, you've lost already. You're the only one that's siding with him. No need to keep fighting.

On second thought, keep arguing. Maybe you and o hey tyler can lock this thread up for good.

Holy crap, no one reads posts lmao. Where do I side with him? There's nothing to lose, this isn't a fact/fiction thread. Keep trying to create a bigger problem than there actually is though.

Even if you aren't siding with him, you're still going against all of the logical conclusions that everyone else on this thread has drawn.

Even if you aren't siding with him, you're still going against all of the logical conclusions that everyone else on this thread has drawn.

**** it - He's a scammer. Kill him.

or have the op send equipment first to make himself respected on here. when i suggest this to potential scammers they say no way. i say why would i send money to a stranger that who could easily send me a POS coffee maker in return.

or have the op send equipment first to make himself respected on here. when i suggest this to potential scammers they say no way. i say why would i send money to a stranger that who could easily send me a POS coffee maker in return.

Send equipment first? I guess I'm a scammer too.

...Sending the equipment first is just as stupid as taking an offer from a scammer...

...Sending the equipment first is just as stupid as taking an offer from a scammer...

Are you feeling ok?

You suggested that people send equipment first, and now sending equipment first is stupid. You don't know for sure someone is a scammer, until someone is scammed.

thats how we do it on Nikonians and softballfans.If you want to selll high dollar equipment and have zero feedback, its the only way. of course if your a schmuck and the buyer doesnt have feedback, then of course not. try selling little things before you want high dollar crap.

ah yes...the now infamous "TPF Coffee maker scam"
that one didn't work out too bad in the end..after all the sweating. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back