Canon EOS 5D Mark II - Should I take the offer?

LizardKing

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everybody

I'd like your advice about buying this kit. I'll just copy/paste the content because I'm not sure if it's ok to put the link from Amazon (sold by Canon).
Anyway, here it goes:

This Kit Includes:

1- Canon EOS 5D Mark II 21.1 Megapixel Full-Frame Sensor Digital Camera (Includes manufacturer's supplied accessories)
1- Tamron AF 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 Aspherical AF Zoom Lens
1- 16GB Compact Flash Memory Card
1- USB Memory Card Reader
2- Rechargeable Lithium Ion Replacement Extended Life Batteries
1- Rapid Home and Car Charger
1- 3 Piece Filter Kit Includes: UV, Circular Polarizer and Flourescent Filter
1- Flash
1- Soft carrying case
1- Wide Angle Macro Lens w/Pouch and Caps
1- 2x Telephoto Zoom Lens w/Pouch and Caps
1- Full Size Tripod w/Carry Bag
1- Pack of LCD Screen Protectors
1- Lens/LCD Cleaning Kit
1- Mini Table Top Tripod
1- Exclusive Sunset Electronics Cleaning Cloth

Price: $2669.95

Unfortunately, there isn't much data about those "Wide Angle" and "Telephoto" lenses... So that's weird I guess.

I was with the idea of buying the 7D or maybe 60D, but this seems to be a good offer. Although, I'm not from the states, so maybe you're used to see better deals. (which will be more than welcomed! :thumbup:)

Should I take it or it isn't as good as I think?

Thank you all in advance!

Regards,
LizardKing

Last edited:
Wait how much is it?

Is this new? Used? Refurbished? Price seems low for all this to be new equipment, not to mention that the 'Flash' is not described at all.

My instinct is to say NO.

That's obviously a great camera, but the lens isn't great. The 'wide angle' and 'telephoto' are basically filters that screw to the front of the lens. Probably very cheap/crappy ones.

Basically, they are packaging a professional camera with a bunch of crappy accessories. If that's the camera that you want, I'd suggest buying just the camera itself.

Thank you for your responses. It is new, actually.
I was surprised with price, too... And found it suspicious that they didn't include any description for the lenses and flash.

I'll keep looking.

Regards,
LizardKing

Most reactions

New Topics

Back