Canon EOS 7D Mark II

lindawill95

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there,

I'm Linda, this is my first post on this forum and I wanted to ask for your advice.

I'm looking to buy an used Canon EOS 7D Mark II. My question to you is: is it worth it to buy an used camera, have you had any negative experiences with used cameras?

Thank you.

I have bought many used cameras saving money. I had a bad experience once only. Just once you know what to look for. Google shutter counts and know how to check them. You need to check lots of functions before you hand the cash over.

If it's your first dslr I would recommend you try to buy new or from a shop, or at least have someone who knows what they are doing go with you. If you are buying from a reputable shop rather than say someone random off eBay etc it's probably a safer bet

I've previously owned a compact camera, a Nikon Coolpix P900. I have to admit I'm not an expert, but I know I'll have to carefully analyze both the body and the lenses. I wasn't necessarily looking to buy it, but a friend of a friend said he's getting rid of it and I thought I could get a great camera at a reasonable price.
We haven't really discussed the price so far, can you give any advice in terms of price range?

I've no idea how much they are worth (I think a new one in Europe is about 1600 Euro), but if it's a friend and they tell you the history your probably safe enough.

The 7d2 is a lot of camera

I know, it's gonna take a while to adjust in case I decide to buy it.
I'm gonna do a little bit of research to get an idea of the price range.
Thanks for your help.

I only buy used from reputable online retailers. Places like B&H, KEH, and Adorama all have great deals on used gear. All of which has been checked and tested byt their staff. Also if you end up having an issue they are more likely to help you resolve it.

p.s. i also have the 7d mkii and its a great camera.

You're right. I've heard some time ago about someone who bought an used camera from a guy he knew and it turned out to be a negative experience. I'll most surely buy from a trustworthy online store for obvious reasons.
From what I've seen so far, the prices are a bit over my budget. But I'll keep looking.

Thanks for the recommendation. This appeals to me more because I have 1 year warranty in case something happens. Knowing that there's this opportunity I'm not attracted to the idea of buying privately, even though the price may be significantly lower.

Thanks for the recommendation. This appeals to me more because I have 1 year warranty in case something happens. Knowing that there's this opportunity I'm not attracted to the idea of buying privately, even though the price may be significantly lower.

many buy refurbished because of the warranty (but the buy/sell forums are also good especially for lens if you take precautions)

If I was in the market for a 7DmII I'd buy a D500.

or you just wait and buy one in a few months when it's available...

or you just wait and buy one in a few months when it's available...

Not much good if you need a camera now. And you said you'd buy a d500.

Take no notice, I'm only playing

I've no idea how much they are worth (I think a new one in Europe is about 1600 Euro), but if it's a friend and they tell you the history your probably safe enough.

The 7d2 is a lot of camera

right but beyond the OP's budget

Most reactions

New Topics

Back