Canon G9 power-up problems

MontvilleMorgone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello! I have recently had my G9 repaired to correct a Power-Up problem (I had the EXACT same problem with my G7 a few years ago). Suddenly, the camera would not turn on. When it happened to my G7, I called Canon and they offered to send me a reconditioned G9 for $150. I did that. When the same thing happened to the G9, Canon offered to sell me a G11. I decided to try another camera manufacturer instead since I had the same problem with two different cameras. Then I found CAMERAS & PARTS.com (a repair shop in El Paso, TX that works exclusively on Canon cameras) on the internet. They fixed my camera to better than new condition for around $100. They also said that they fix hundreds of Canons with a power-up problem every month! Apparently, a screw inside the camera works loose, falls about the camera and short out a circuit board (or something like that). It is a simple fix and the people at this repair shop are helpful, quick, and expert at fixing this problem. I highly recommend anyone who will eventually have this problem with their G9 to contact camerasandparts.com to have this problem quickly and competently repaired.

;)

I had the same experience as you did and agree to forget about contacting Canon - they are too expensive and not very helpful. It seems lots of people have problems with their G9's not opening, but Canon won't admit a defect. If enough of us complain about the defect - maybe one day Cannon will fix the problem for free. Like you, I turned to Cameras and Parts, which charge half of what Canon wanted to fix the problem. Couldn't ask for better personalized service - I talked to the service manager a few times and he was helpful. Now I have my G9 back and it is working better than ever - I believe Cameras and Parts actually refurbished the whole thing because the photos are clearer than before. In spite of this one BIG fault on the G9 - the camera is really terrific.

I've got a G9 that won't turn on. I opened it and found a loose screw. A lot of sites on the web say it's the dc cd power board that you need to replace when it won't turn on. I bought that board and I installed it myself and I resecured the loose screw with locktite. The problem is the board I changed didn't fix the problem. It still won't power on. What can I do now. I don't want to spend $90 to have it fixed since I already bought a part that wasn't the right thing. Please tell me what I can do or what mitt fix it. I am very frustrated and I just want to get it working again for cheap. Thanks a lot for any help

Most reactions

Back