canon lens question

JohnMF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can any one answer this for me...

Im looking to get a new lens for my 20d because the one ive got now is a bit crap. I would would like to get a canon brand lens but was wondering will any canon lens fit the 20d or do they have to be digital compatable? or is there a specific range that i must look at?

thanks

Daniel said it all. All EF (autofocus) lenses will fit. EF-S lenses will fit as well, but will only fit a few of Canon's digital SLR cameras and not any of the 35mm film EOS cameras. If that's not a concern, then they are good lenses to get wide angels with your 20D.

Two good lens makers are Sigma & Tamron, check them out.

All EF and EF-S lenses will fit the 20d.

If you haven't decided entirely for Canon yet, I would recommend the Tamron 28-75MM F/2.8. It's a great lense for the money, check out the user reviews on fredmiranda.com: Specialized in Canon - Nikon SLR Cameras, Forum, Photoshop Plugins, Actions, Reviews, Hosting and Digital Darkroom (this site is down at the moment, check back later). It's difficult to find anything better for that price.

http://www.tamron.com/lenses/prod/2875mm.asp

I agree with Daniel too

Yet another 6 year old thread. :lmao:

Is content never deleted here or something? (new guy obviously)

Secondly; why are people recommending a 28-75; 45-120 equ. is not the most practical general lens to have; I'm sure most people need some sort of wide; at least a 35 is not a 28...

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back