Canon market share?

jwbryson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was just walking at the tidal basin in Washington DC at lunch, looking at the cherry blossom trees and the funny looking tourists, and my GOD, EVERYBODY shoots with a Canon. It was a sea of black straps and red writing.

I'd guess that 90% of the cameras I saw were Canon, 5% were Nikon and the other 5% were some other brand or P&S.

What exactly is Canon's market share for DSLRs?

In the classes I teach, it's about 55% Canon, 40% Nikon and 5% other.

If you look at sections being viewed on this forum there are normally about twice as many in the Nikon section as the canon, not sure thats very scientific but shows there seems twice the interest in nikon products

2010 Bloomberg data. I'm sure its changed but its still a ball park a year or so later.

Attachments

• $2010-global-digital-camera-market-share-according-to-IDC-Japan.jpg
    $2010-global-digital-camera-market-share-according-to-IDC-Japan.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 352
Nikon needs to step it up! Unless the D400 is a grand slam, I suspect Bloomberg will report the same results in 2012, (Canon pulverizing Nikon).

Note that that graph is for digital cameras, not DSLR cameras. There is no way that Sony is selling more DSLR cameras than Nikon.

I was just walking at the tidal basin in Washington DC at lunch, looking at the cherry blossom trees and the funny looking tourists, and my GOD, EVERYBODY shoots with a Canon. It was a sea of black straps and red writing.

I'd guess that 90% of the cameras I saw were Canon, 5% were Nikon and the other 5% were some other brand or P&S.

What exactly is Canon's market share for DSLRs?
Your sample size was to small to draw any conclusions.

But Canon is a much larger company than Nikon is. 2010 is likely the most recent we would see any definative numbers

Japan Most Popular DSLR Camera Sales Ranking Full Year 2010 - #1 Canon Rebel T2i - DSLR Photography News & Reviews

Some recent US info - DSLR Cameras Top Sales Ranking - DSLR Photography News & Reviews

$Brother Derrel.jpg
This my brother Derrel, and this is my other brother, Derrel.

Wait what Wheel got 2 Derrel likes for the same post?? That is totally unfair!

I want twin likes!! Or no wait Triple likes!

Also Derrel - really really likes Canon copiers ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back