canon or nikon entry level dslr

nojeb96

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What makes better entry level dslr canon or nikon?

Yes.

You posted this in a Canon forum so you will probably get a lot of Canon answers. Best advice, go to a camera store and try each out. See what feels better in your own hands. Both are good.

If you want advise, do a quick search. I think this question has been asked a time or two.

Either/or. Whichever brand you choose, you will likely stick with. In the entry level bodies, one thing that discouraged me from getting a Nikon was the lack of an internal focus motor. But the lens that their entry level line has a focus motor in the lens. You can find every lens you'd want in the proper version to AF, but they cost more than lenses that DON'T have AF motors in them but can AF on bodies with an internal focus motor. That's where I see the D7k and up being where the value is in the Nikon system IMO.

kinda kidding.. but you could buy a refurb. sony a200 for like $200 with kit lens on ebay. And this was like a year ago.

kinda kidding.. but you could buy a refurb. sony a200 for like $200 with kit lens on ebay. And this was like a year ago.

yea.. and you could spend more and actually have a real camera! :) Sony doesn't have me convinced yet.. I really think this is going to be a "Sony Betamax" scenario... or at least I hope so! Sony is too frigging proprietary and greedy to do it right. They always try to do it "THEIR" way, and set new standards that they can profit from. HD DVD was far superior to Sony Blu-Ray.. but they forced it through with their deep pockets, so we as consumers got screwed yet again!

But I cant play games with HD DVD. Seriously I think thats why they lost. Because people rather pay $$ on a gaming system that can play HD movies.

yea.. and you could spend more and actually have a real camera! :) Sony doesn't have me convinced yet.. I really think this is going to be a "Sony Betamax" scenario... or at least I hope so! Sony is too frigging proprietary and greedy to do it right. They always try to do it "THEIR" way, and set new standards that they can profit from. HD DVD was far superior to Sony Blu-Ray.. but they forced it through with their deep pockets, so we as consumers got screwed yet again!

I thought this was a still photo forum...lol
I like the Nikons. I just bought a D3100 for my wife and one for my sister. I bought myself a D7000. As I was doing the research, they both seem to be good. The reviews basically listed different features and said if you want to do "this" with your camera, then buy Nikon. If you want to do "that" with your camera, then buy Canon. There are small differences in the features but it's best for you to figure out what you plan on doing with the camera. As Iresq said, I think you should go to a store and get a feel for each. Then decide on what you really need yourself.

(I am going to get spanked for this!)

If you want the best autofocus, High ISO / low noise, and the best CLS TTL flash system.. buy Nikon.

If you want really good advertising, and toys that cost even more than Nikon.. buy Canon!

(running, ducking, hiding!)

iresq said:
Yes.

You posted this in a Canon forum so you will probably get a lot of Canon answers. Best advice, go to a camera store and try each out. See what feels better in your own hands. Both are good.

If you want advise, do a quick search. I think this question has been asked a time or two.

This is exactly what I thought.

Yes.

Good advice right here.

Most reactions

Back