canon or nikon entry level dslr

kinda kidding.. but you could buy a refurb. sony a200 for like $200 with kit lens on ebay. And this was like a year ago.

yea.. and you could spend more and actually have a real camera! :) Sony doesn't have me convinced yet.. I really think this is going to be a "Sony Betamax" scenario... or at least I hope so! Sony is too frigging proprietary and greedy to do it right. They always try to do it "THEIR" way, and set new standards that they can profit from. HD DVD was far superior to Sony Blu-Ray.. but they forced it through with their deep pockets, so we as consumers got screwed yet again!

I think they won because you can fit more info on a blue-ray disc from what I understand.

kinda kidding.. but you could buy a refurb. sony a200 for like $200 with kit lens on ebay. And this was like a year ago.

yea.. and you could spend more and actually have a real camera! :) Sony doesn't have me convinced yet.. I really think this is going to be a "Sony Betamax" scenario... or at least I hope so! Sony is too frigging proprietary and greedy to do it right. They always try to do it "THEIR" way, and set new standards that they can profit from. HD DVD was far superior to Sony Blu-Ray.. but they forced it through with their deep pockets, so we as consumers got screwed yet again!

I think they won because you can fit more info on a blue-ray disc from what I understand.

However, HD-DVD's were cheaper to make and could be manufactured in the same facility as regular DVD's. The difference in space that they could hold is mostly irrelevant I'd say.

However, HD-DVD's were cheaper to make and could be manufactured in the same facility as regular DVD's. The difference in space that they could hold is mostly irrelevant I'd say.

I knew that part. I do think that space is relevant though. We are constantly expanding on how much space we require. Blu-ray has more room than what we need now-- but in the future we will likely need more space.

Most reactions

Back