Canon Rebel X owners? *film*

Dew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hello Canon Rebel X owners, i just bought this film camera and i'm told to never trust the built in light meter ... how accurate is that built in light meter? :eek:

i wouldn't say don't trust it but its not the best one out there from what it seems. sometimes when it says perfect exposure, they still come out a bit dark depending on the scene. overall though its not too bad, i like it but i'm just an amateur.

Does your hubby always trust the meter is his camera? Incident is probably the most accurate for ambient light or a flash meter for flash. The meter in any camera is not as accurate as a good incident light meter.

nah, the hubby doesnt trust it :lol:

but im just scanning my first batch of film (about 6 b&w rolls) and i've been following the Zone System somewhat and metering the sky for sunny days with snow on the ground... most have come out a bit under-exposed ... the light meter indicated that, but i didnt know to trust it or not ... but it seems like it could be more accurate than the system im on now :lol:

(im coming from digital, so i can see my results right away and adjust it accordingly .. so bear with me on this one) :roll:

think i may have to invest in a light meter :? ... i dunno .. im gonna test a roll strictly to the camera's meter and see what happens

Most reactions

New Topics

Back