chihiro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
which you will recommended me (and why) from these srl film cameras:
canon rebel ti
canon rebel 2000
canon rebel k2

thanks!

The Ti is slightly newer than the 2000 and has a few improvements.

A radical update of the EOS 300 (Rebel 2000) with a completely new styling. Additional features include built-in dioptric adjustment, metal lens mount, LCD panel illumination, selectable film advance modes and Night Scene PIC mode.

I could not find a listing for the K2...I guess that it's the same as the 2000. Or you might be thinking of the T2...which is the next newer model of the Ti.

On a large scope, there is not too much difference between any of theses cameras. They are all good entry level cameras. Have you also considered a higher level camera like something in the EOS ELAN family?

I have the K2 and like it a lot.

I believe is is very similar to the Ti but the Ti has just a few things more.

Both are fairly descent improvements on the 2000 from what I understood.

I got the K2 because it was cheaper in the package I got (from an e-bay store).

If you are looking to get a package deal .... i.e. with lenses and accessories... I highly recomend trying to get one with ONE good Canon lens as opposed to two lesser lenses.

I got mine with two Sigma lenses ..... one 35-80mm and one 70-200.... and they are descent but as soon as I tried a friends Canon lens I was sorry I didnt get the pakage with the single Canon lens.

Not that you cant get one after but ......

-mike

Mike,

What Canon lens did you try? I ask because, the kit lens that usually comes in a kit with a Canon camera is no gem. Probably no better than your sigma lenses. That's not to say they are bad lenses...but when compared to a great lens, you will see the difference. Of course, most great lenses will cost many times that of what your camera will cost.

I always suggest the 50mm F1.8 lens. It's not a zoom but it's optically very good, much better than those kit lenses. It's fast (large max. aperture) which is very nice to have...and best of all...it's very inexpensive.

Canon will put their cheep 35-70 in most kits and it's soft when shooting. Look hard at the edge of your prints. But then you don't need to buy L series lens either. I like all of my sigma lens but I did not buy the cheep ones or their after market ones. Camera's are like a lot of things in that they are only as good as their weekest part. You don't put a 350 dollar lens on a 1400 dollar body and you don't put a 1000 dollar lens on a 700 dollar body. I know it's a money thing I have been there done that and got the shirt but if you have not bought look up to at least the Ellan.

I would go one step above the Rebel with the ELAN 7N. It's a very nice camera, and lies in between the Rebel line and their pro line (3V and 1V), so it has some nice pro-like features while still maintaining the simplicity of use of a consumer (rebel) camera. But whatever you get, I would definitely recommend against getting it with the kit lens. Instead get a sharper and brighter lens like the 50mm f1.8 prime (that's what I've got)

Most reactions

Back