Canon shutter sounds Youtube

Ryan L

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I came accross this YouTube video and thought it was pretty neat. It is the sounds on burst of the different Canon models. Covers Xti, XSi, 7d, 50d, 5dMkII, 1DsMkIII, 1DMkIV. Pretty cool actually, gives you an idea of what a difference 3 and 10fps really is.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8c7I5c_pY0[/ame]

That's pretty cool.

I was surprised by how rapid the 7D was, and how slow the 5D II was.

that 1DMkIV is insane!

It sounds like the recordings are with the cameras sitting on a box or some similar surface.

When I got my 50D, I was having so much fun comparing the speeds between it and my old XT. I thought only I was silly enough to do that. :)

There's a Canon review site that has a similar test showing the 7D, 50D, and 1DIII: http://media.the-digital-picture.com/Sounds/Canon-EOS-7D-50D-1DIII-Burst.mp3 from here: Canon EOS 7D Digital SLR Camera Review
I could listen to that on repeate ALL day. lol.

This video must have been shooting in RAW mode though (possibly without a card in), because the buffers seem to run out really quick.

That's pretty cool.

That was pretty much the sole reason I have no intention of getting a 5D untill they speed it up a bit, and every reason why a 7D is coming in the mail for me this Tuesday. :)

That's pretty cool.

The 7D is fantastic at 8fps...but the guy who made the video needs to upgrade his CF cards. Get even a mediocre (Extreme III -- 30Mb/s) card and you can burst at least 20 shots before it needs to buffer (usually a good 30+ and then it buffers for 1/3 or 1/2 a second then another 10+ shots)

There's a Canon review site that has a similar test showing the 7D, 50D, and 1DIII: http://media.the-digital-picture.com/Sounds/Canon-EOS-7D-50D-1DIII-Burst.mp3 from here: Canon EOS 7D Digital SLR Camera Review

This video must have been shooting in RAW mode though (possibly without a card in), because the buffers seem to run out really quick.

That's pretty cool.

That was pretty much the sole reason I have no intention of getting a 5D untill they speed it up a bit, and every reason why a 7D is coming in the mail for me this Tuesday. :)

You'll love it! I just upgraded from the T2i (I know they're very similar but it was *WELL* worth the upgrade) and I couldn't be more happy. Fantastic camera with exceptional low-light performance and the fastest burst mode outside of the $8000+ 1DMk4

That's pretty cool.

You'll love it! I just upgraded from the T2i (I know they're very similar but it was *WELL* worth the upgrade) and I couldn't be more happy. Fantastic camera with exceptional low-light performance and the fastest burst mode outside of the $8000+ 1DMk4
The 50D has served me really well for over a year, and it will be a nice combo for running two bodies for sports games. As a hobbyist, everything comes out of my own pocket, so as much as I would like a 1DmkIV, it's a bit outside my budget (not 8k though; only about 5k). I can't wait to get it!

bowdown.gif
1DMK4

Most reactions

Back