Canon Speedlites and sync sockets.

mal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.keeprolling.co.uk
I'm looking to buy a 430EX Speedlite, but I'd like to be able to use it remotely with a radio slave setup as well as on-camera. I've noticed that this model doesn't have a sync cable connection (which my slave receiver uses) and was wondering if there's any way round this. If not, can anyone suggest a comparable model that I should consider?

i dont know the canon sytem i know the nikon one fairly well but i have seen a climbing photgrapher shooting with a canon who had a remote light and a zoom lense, with a triger, wich look like a realy nice rig, and an identicle rig with nikon so i know it works just dont know the details.

mal said:
I'm looking to buy a 430EX Speedlite, but I'd like to be able to use it remotely with a radio slave setup as well as on-camera. I've noticed that this model doesn't have a sync cable connection (which my slave receiver uses) and was wondering if there's any way round this. If not, can anyone suggest a comparable model that I should consider?

It probably depends on your slave module - many of these have an output which you could convert to a shoe, rather than a PC lead.

The flash model up can act as a master to your model, so if you could stretch to another one, they'd work together well.

Most reactions

Back