canon t3i hd trouble

cnick975

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright guys so look, i've been shooting my cousins band playing lately & everything is fine & dandy until I go to put the videos on my computer... They dont look hd at all when im edditing them in iMovie. What can this be? Because on the cameras screen it looks perfectly fine. Also when I export it to put it on youtube it wont go in hd either & i know the t3i is capable of it which is why I bought it in the first place. I even went to bestbuy to get an sd card that was capable of hd video recording. Can anyone shoot me in the right direction please? Thanks a lot!!

this is posted in the worry area, this is for film

she meant wrong area.

this area is for film..,, as in the long roll of film that goes inside our old fashioned cameras before SD cards came along. Ie a roll of film.

not film as in motion pictures or videos

where should i post it? lol didnt see anywhere else

When you say they don't ;look HD, what do you mean? Are they blurry? Is the resolution incorrect?

The PHOTO forum.

Try a video forum. Aka, not this website. We take still photos. Almost nobody here knows anything about video. I'm willing to try and help anyway, but I can't guarantee how much help I can provide.

Is the camera set to record in 1920x1080 (HD) resolution? Have you checked in the manual for how to do this?

Post a sample video so I can look at it and see what you're talking about.

The PHOTO forum.

Try a video forum. Aka, not this website. We take still photos. Almost nobody here knows anything about video.

Not too long ago, people would have said the same thing about digital photography. Times change, and with the inclusion of HD video in dSLRs today, it's something we're going to have to deal with.

I'm willing to bet that he's shooting video indoors with the kit lens with his ISO maxed out due to the dimly lit band venue. When you look at it on a tiny DSLR LCD screen, it looks passable... But when you look at it on a monitor, you'll see that the noise is much more prevalent. My guess as to why it wouldn't look "HD".

I'm willing to bet that he's shooting video indoors with the kit lens with his ISO maxed out due to the dimly lit band venue. When you look at it on a tiny DSLR LCD screen, it looks passable... But when you look at it on a monitor, you'll see that the noise is much more prevalent. My guess as to why it wouldn't look "HD".

I thought the same thing... except.. why wouldn't youtube let him upload it in HD? That's the only thing that leads me to believe that it's a resolution issue.

Most reactions

Back