Canon users Rear LCD blank - Menu works

Ryan L

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Canon 50D and recently the rear lcd goes blank at times, I can hit menu to bring up all the menus and it works fine, but when I take a shot the exposure info and all is still not there. I cannot figure it out. The last time it did it I think I messed with it for a while and got it working, but I never did figure it out. I thought maybe it was a power saving option I had selected, but I just am frazzled! Any clues?

It could be. There's a sensor there when it sees shadow it'll turn itself off. If in doubt go to menu and hit reset and reset all your menus

You can set it so that it doesn't come on. Read your manual. Its designed to not waste your battery so that you can just use the top LCD to read settings and not "Chimp" with the LCD constantly to drain battery power. I think you press the INFO button. Not sure on the 50D.

Image Review OFF.

Image Review ON.

Maybe? I sure hope that is all it is!

Yup info button it was, I had to push it twice to get it back on. I knew it had to be some function if the lcd was still going, just couldnt pin point it! Thanks Taylor

Yup info button it was, I had to push it twice to get it back on. I knew it had to be some function if the lcd was still going, just couldnt pin point it! Thanks Taylor

No prob. I actually looked the manual up online and couldn't find any info about it. I have accidentally engaged it on my 7D and T1i before though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back