Canon VIXIA R700?

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have the R600 which is the prior version and am pretty happy with it. My understanding is that the R700 has some slight interface improvements, but it is otherwise the same barebones camcorder. The optical zoom, image stabilization, and mic input give it some nice advantages over using an iPhone, and I find more convenient than using an SLR for video most of the time. It is just okay in low light though. The Panasonic model you mentioned has a much larger sensor, which gives better dynamic range and low light performance, but you'll pay much more for it.

I have the R600 which is the prior version and am pretty happy with it. My understanding is that the R700 has some slight interface improvements, but it is otherwise the same barebones camcorder. The optical zoom, image stabilization, and mic input give it some nice advantages over using an iPhone, and I find more convenient than using an SLR for video most of the time. It is just okay in low light though. The Panasonic model you mentioned has a much larger sensor, which gives better dynamic range and low light performance, but you'll pay much more for it.

Yeah, that was my impression. Thanks for sharing your experience! I was originally looking at the R400, but it's not available anymore. I'm thinking I may want to go more mid-level like $800 range.

Most reactions

Back