Canon vs Nikon - Stereotypes

Here's a post without all the quotes! Nikon sucks, Canon sucks, Leica sucks, Sony sucks. We live in terrible times for photographers. :-(

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Best comment yet! We'll need to wait at least a decade until digital cameras become good.

Personally, I can't stand the ergos and menu system in a Nikon,

I am the other way round here, when I went on the search for my dSLR I already had some Nikon cameras in mind but once in the shop I was open minded to go with Canon and Nikon until I was looking through the menus I felt so lost with Canon and really hated the menu system I had to go with Nikon. Every one else I know has Canon would have been a better move as for borrowing lenses but even now when I am asked to help a friend out with taking some pictures with there Canon I go mad with how unclear it is.

Personally, I can't stand the ergos and menu system in a Nikon,

I am the other way round here, when I went on the search for my dSLR I already had some Nikon cameras in mind but once in the shop I was open minded to go with Canon and Nikon until I was looking through the menus I felt so lost with Canon and really hated the menu system I had to go with Nikon. Every one else I know has Canon would have been a better move as for borrowing lenses but even now when I am asked to help a friend out with taking some pictures with there Canon I go mad with how unclear it is.
And you get the vastly superior sensor with Nikon so its a double whammy :)

In my city, nikon shooter knows that there is a service centre nearby and hence faster repairs. Nikon also offers better warranty in Canada. Canon shooters probably just like canon.

Both offer excellent equipment to work with.
I'm currently using Nikon because of the reviews I've read.

I was under the impression that a double-whammy was a very bad thing?!
Maybe, English is my second language, I though that means double good :)
No, no one wants the whammy!!

86d8c970-381b-4dae-9abe-3bb1f1c55be4.jpg

It was a game show on years ago.

I was under the impression that a double-whammy was a very bad thing?!
Maybe, English is my second language, I though that means double good :)
No, no one wants the whammy!!

86d8c970-381b-4dae-9abe-3bb1f1c55be4.jpg

It was a game show on years ago.
Oh didn't know that, my childhood wasn't spent in North America.
There was a character in the movie The Anchorman, I think he used to say "Whammy" all the time.
Funny as hell :)

Oh my goodness, I remember the Whammy! Blast from the past.

How can Canon or Nikon claim superiority when third party's are make the senors. It would be nice if one or the other would do so (if financially possible). As it stands, both are selling plastic boxes with _____________ (fill in the blank) sensors it it.

As a Nikon owner - I own a Sony sensor with some Nikon plastic around it and a white stamp that says "Nikon". Nikon lenses are nice I guess.

Exclusivity has a certain amount cache to a customer base and as long as chips aren't made in-house ....then....

Just one opinion.....

Canon makes their own sensors fyi.
Maybe they should start letting Sony make them...you know, get caught up with the rest of the class.
I just read somewhere tonight.......Canon is working on using Sony sensors.

How can Canon or Nikon claim superiority when third party's are make the senors. It would be nice if one or the other would do so (if financially possible). As it stands, both are selling plastic boxes with _____________ (fill in the blank) sensors it it.

As a Nikon owner - I own a Sony sensor with some Nikon plastic around it and a white stamp that says "Nikon". Nikon lenses are nice I guess.

Exclusivity has a certain amount cache to a customer base and as long as chips aren't made in-house ....then....

Just one opinion.....

Canon makes their own sensors fyi.
Maybe they should start letting Sony make them...you know, get caught up with the rest of the class.
I just read somewhere tonight.......Canon is working on using Sony sensors.
From what I know it is already using Sony sensor on the G7X, same sensor they have on the Sony RX100 III

Most reactions

New Topics

Back