Can't be-L-ieve how sharp it is!

MohaimenK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Got my L lens today. Came home after work and took a few shots.

Shot in total cloudy day, as we had storm all afternoon. But look at those eyes!

Shot at 105MM | 400 ISO | F/4 | 125 Speed with +.03 Exp. (In JPEG, usually I shoot in RAW mode)

24-105TestShots004.jpg

It sucks.. send it to me.

FORGET THE LENS I WANT THAT MUG.

Anyway, congrats on the new gear! While that is nicely sharp, I can't get over how the cat looks like it is hiding something sinister from you.

Really? You will send me the mug? :). Cause that would be super cool.

It looks to me like you missed focusing on the cat, and instead the bushes look tac sharp.

I love the kitty's expression!

I know that it is sometimes very hard to get as close to cats to take photos of them as one would like, because as soon as you start to move closer they either decide to move away or they run too close to you and keep right on moving non-stop!

Ya I think the focus is a tad off. It's still a sharp lens regardless i mean it has a red ring around it :lol:

Just remember the nikon ring is Gold baby :razz: congrats on the new lens enjoy!

TJ

I love the kitty's expression!

I know that it is sometimes very hard to get as close to cats to take photos of them as one would like, because as soon as you start to move closer they either decide to move away or they run too close to you and keep right on moving non-stop!

You're so right. Mikey is scared of me unless he wants food or wants to come outside :lol: So it's hard taking his pic so I was pretty much standing on my front porch taking it.

It looks to me like you missed focusing on the cat, and instead the bushes look tac sharp.

x2

Also looks slightly oversharpened

Yeah I should have used a larger apature. But the picture isn't edited or sharpened at all. Just straight as shot, but cropped a little from top (the street) and slight level. If I were to edit it, I'd make the saturation a little more vibrant.

Mikey24-105L.jpg

I have that lens as well and have been using it as my primary lens for about a year now. A bit on the heavy side, but excellent pictures. The downside is that it shows you where the focus really is (as opposed to where it should have been). In fact, after getting this lens I was able to see that my camera's autofocus was actually in front of where it indicated that the focus was. After diagnosing the problem, and having Canon make the adjustments to the camera, all is well. So, congratulations on a good purchase and start saving your pennies for your next knock-your-socks-off lens, the 70-200 F2.8 or F4 L series telephoto.

I have that lens as well and have been using it as my primary lens for about a year now. A bit on the heavy side, but excellent pictures. The downside is that it shows you where the focus really is (as opposed to where it should have been). In fact, after getting this lens I was able to see that my camera's autofocus was actually in front of where it indicated that the focus was. After diagnosing the problem, and having Canon make the adjustments to the camera, all is well. So, congratulations on a good purchase and start saving your pennies for your next knock-your-socks-off lens, the 70-200 F2.8 or F4 L series telephoto.

Yup, next lenses, Tamron 17-55 f2.8 and Canon 70-200 2.8L (depending on which I need more) I'll be playing w/ the lens alot and hopefully figure out the whole focus thing soon.

I Am always irked by the idea of people who have trouble getting down basic concepts but can afford and have $1,000 lenses while I have to try and save up for a used 18-55 vr

Most reactions

Back