Can't be-L-ieve how sharp it is!

I Am always irked by the idea of people who have trouble getting down basic concepts but can afford and have $1,000 lenses while I have to try and save up for a used 18-55 vr

Sorry to dissapoint you :er:

I Am always irked by the idea of people who have trouble getting down basic concepts but can afford and have $1,000 lenses while I have to try and save up for a used 18-55 vr

I'm always irked by people who care what kind of gear someone can afford to buy.

and this is how Mikey feels!
(Turbo, thanks :thumbup:)

IMG_2896.jpg

I just bought a 1d4 and a 70-2002.8 ISm2. The guy at the camera store said it was the best gear for taking pics of my daughter at the park. This thing takes awesome pics in P mode. The shots in M and A are always fuzzy though. :mrgreen:

Pets are no different than people. The eyes are all important.

It's called penis envy. Mine's bigger than yours.

That's the way the whole world works. There are plenty of people who are irked by the fact you have a camera that they could sell and feed their family for a year. There's always gonna be someone out there with more stuff than you. Someone prettier, smarter, etc. The sooner you learn to get over it and like what you have the better.

That's a cool mug but i like the one i have better.

lens.jpg

Don't mind the poor product photography my boss yelled at me and told me to get back to work while editing so it's rushed.

congrats on the new lens by the way!

The problem with lusting after hardware is that it never stops. I know a guy who tests preproduction equipment for some major manufacturers. He showed up at a club meeting with a medium-format size digital sensor in a body just a little bigger than a conventional DSLR. The camera lens was also a preproduction unit made specifically for this camera. We saw some of the unprocessed RAW pics from this camera and I think the janitors pulled overtime that night wiping up the drool from the floor. So, someone always has bigger, better equipment. But I've also seen some shots from a P/S camera jpeg that is so good compositionally, that you know it's not the equipment, it's what you do with it.

One interesting technique that I picked up a few years ago requires you to pick one focal length, and then shoot at least a thousand shots only in that focal length. Everything - closeups, landscapes, action, portraits, you name it. Basic message is do it until you can see the picture you'll get even without bringing the eyepiece to your eye. After you got that internalized, you pick another focal length and repeat the exercise. By doing this, you force yourself to focus on the composition rather than the equipment.

Funny from the guy who couldn't focus his Olympus.

the colors are nice but yeah, looks like the focusing point is somewhere else

Yes you guys are right about the whole focus thing being off. I've realized that having it on auto detection, it focused on the plants instead of the cat. So tonight I was playing with my camera some more and telling where to focus it to. I was also playing with the 580ex flash so here are 2.

Focusing on the front cat
TestShots3009.jpg

Now to the one in the back
TestShots3010.jpg

Why would anybody be affected by what other people buy, regardless of their learning speed? And seriously, why make such belittling comment in the beginners' sub-forum, of all places?

To the OP: congrats on the buy, looks like a superb lens. Have fun with it!

Most reactions

Back