Cant Decide - Please Help!

mchess33

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey I am looking to buy my first DSLR and I am having a bit of a tough time trying to figure out what camera I should get. I really dont want to spend more than $700 and I will mostly be taking still shots, action shots, and some video. A lot of my photography will be outside and and not too many low-light situations but I would like a camera that would be able to perform well if I want to shoot in low-light. I have narrowed some of my choices down to:
Pentax K-r
Pentax K-x with kit lens and 50-200mm lens

Canon T1i

Nikon D3100
Nikon D5000

Since I am an avid wakeboarder, longboarder, and snowboarder I would like something that can get pretty decent continuous shots. I am open to any suggestions for other cameras and why or why not I may want or not want some of these cameras.
Thanks!

Since I am an avid wakeboarder, longboarder, and snowboarder...

For those reasons I would look at the Pentax K7. The best value out there for a weather resistant body. I know it's over your stated desired budget but you may be able to find a used one.

With the budget, the choices are very limited and may not offer the quality you want esp when you are an active person and want sports pictures. Any chance to upgrade to Canon 60D?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back