Vautrin

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.withoutamapphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

So I just got a new holga and it says in the instruction manual I'm supposed to look through a window in the back to see dots and a counter

I look through and I can't see any dots... what is wrong?

If I open the camera back & expose the film I see the dots but not through the viewfinder...

Thanks,

Dan

I have the Holga CFN. There's a little red window I'm supposed to be able to look through to see a number. If I hold the window up to the light I see through it, and there are numbers on the black tabe around the 120 film, but I can't see the numbers through the red window when I put the back on...

Ok so this is stupid. After wasting a roll of film I know what is wrong.

Basically the Holga "kit" comes with a roll of 120 film which is barely legible white print on black paper

I wasted a roll of film trying to read the bloody dots and numbers on the film.

After exposing the complete roll I put the number up to the viewfinder and could only see the number and dots if shining my halogen desk lamp directly on the counter -- which no doubt would expose the film.

So I pulled out some AGFA film I bought.

This has a white paper backside which is very legible.

And now I'm happily off to go shoot my first roll of medium format film. :-D

if that happens again, remember that 34 "clicks" (you can hear a click when you turn the film winder) is the same as one 6x6 frame

the kodak tri-x 400 film has a clear marker on the back its easy to see the numbers. i believe ilford film is pretty dull so its hard to see

Most reactions

New Topics

Back