Cany you use old Minolta lens on Minolta Max body?

bunny99123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I bought a minolta max. Basically I justed wanted the lens. The camera is in excellent shape, and my Aunt has the older Minolta, and I was wondering if Minolta made a ring adjustment to use the older lens on the newer body. My Aunt's camera has bit the dust, and she doesn't quite understand how to go about to buy an older one. She has a lot of lens, and the camera I bought comes with flash. If possible, she could get some use from the camera body. Appreciate any help.
karen

The older MC and MD manual focus lenses use a different mount. It would probably be easier to get her camera repaired, or get a used replacement camera from KEH (used camera store) in Atlanta. Their used equipment can be returned, and carries a warranty.

Minolta Manual Focus Camera Bodies - KEH.com

What model Minolta does she have?

Does it look like this?
Minolta-SRT-101.jpg

You can usually find replacement bodies like this pretty cheap but the old lenses are harder to come by. Some can be quite expensive. Really nice glass though. I really like how they have the mesh focusing system in the lens, really handy and simple.

Last edited:
Thanks, it looks like she will have to buy a camera. She has a lot of lens and loved using it.

If she has the rokkor lenses they convert to a Nex with an adapter pretty good.

Most reactions

Back