What's new

Canyon Lake, Apache Trail, Arizona (panoramic)

just x joey

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
946
Reaction score
1
Location
Ocean City, MD
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
c&c? first panoramic ever.... btw arizona is amazing1 :drool:

Canon_Lake_Arizona_by_justxjoey.jpg


EDIT: this is 5 pictures stiched together by the way.
EDIT #2: here is the fullsize: http://www.deviantart.com/download/97520638/Canon_Lake_Arizona_by_justxjoey.jpg
 
Last edited:
i like it, but that car distracts from the whole "grandness of nature" feeling
 
I agree. I like the image, but the car spoils it for me. BTW -- great place to shoot. The Apache Trail has lots of good spots -- when were you out here?

Ian
 
I'll be the contrarian here: I think this particular van is a nice addition to an already beautiful landscape. (You might want to fix those "ghost" mountains that appear in the right half, though. These are easy to spot looking at the larger version of the image.)
 
what a colorful pic..good job
 
thanks guys, i dnno how to remove the ghost mountains :( but i was there last week, i have more images but havent been able to get them loaded up yet.
 
thanks guys, i dnno how to remove the ghost mountains :( but i was there last week, i have more images but havent been able to get them loaded up yet.

The "ghosts" are blending issues in the blues more than anything. You've got different levels of saturation in the sky at different places. A little brush work and blending would fix it.

The exposure to the right side looks off compared to the left. You might try bumping it up by 1/3-1/2 on those images to see what it looks like.

Overall, nice job, though. Did you take the Apache Trail ALL the way through to Roosevelt? THAT'S an adventure! Not for the faint of heart with heights or meeting another car on a one lane cliffside road! ;)
 
that is a beautiful area..I remember my dad taking me out there in this old beater van he had about 8 years ago and the brakes went out. I suprised I'm still alive. There are some very scary roads on the trail especially if you have VERY limited brakes.

As for the picture. Like austin said. A little brush work and an even saturation level and this will be a wonderful picture...Great Work though!!
 
Very nice panoramic! I like the van in the frame, but I would clone out the bit of shadow poking into the bottom-right corner of the piece - that's distracting to me.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom