Capitol Shots

This is how I remember it from the time I was there:
$7603774206_a5f8a9207c_b.jpg

$2159366753_2d7bc803d6_b_HDR.JPG
This is a pretty amazing building. All the balusters, all the railings, all the stairs are stone, as are all the mosaics on the floor.

Maybe not 9 years ago.

Whatever the number of shots you took for these it wasnt enough. The highlights are still blown. Was there a color shift in the second image?.....EXIT signs are usually red but its green here. Whats the fascination with the over saturation of color? The second one isnt so bad, but the first one isnt good at all. The goons are going to show up soon because I didnt say I like these. Oh well. They could be better.
Hey, Bynx, good to see you again. What's been happening with you?

That building is just damn hard to shoot in.... exceedingly high dynamic ranges, and all sorts of different color temps for lighting.
Yeah, a challenging site for a first attempt at HDR, to be sure. It's pretty much an environment that can accentuate any flaws in HDR technique.

One thing that's that can help, is to produce an HDR image and and then layer it with a normal image to make a more "real" and appealing image.

438274405_ba1fb89af7_b.jpg

Excuse the slight blur of some people; I did in-camera "multiple exposures-bracketed" for this one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back