=Capture a stranger street style=

javier

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Folks. The most asked question I get is ''How do you do it?'' How can I get into street photography?
Do you have any tips and or advice?

These are my opinions regarding my technique and hence I can only share what works for “me”. These tips should not be considered Gospel…
More here.

IMGP0608.jpg

KodakGold1004.jpg

sm219093.jpg

Ektar1003.jpg

Last edited:
One more set to get us started. Enjoy!
These where all shot on film.

lfordxp2400MEM4020.jpg

MESFUJI8004.jpg

022_16.jpg

LfordXP2400SP2TAK359.jpg

AGFA400lousyfilm5.jpg

013_12.jpg

024_1-1.jpg

agfa4004.jpg

agfa4003.jpg

Ooh, a place to toss-in some street shots. (Nice captures, btw, sir.)

Blue and Blonde

Street I

Laughter

Companionship IV

Thanks! :D I saw those two obviously being flirty toward each other, and was waiting for the right moment; plus it ties well into a series I'm building up of photos entitled "Companionship".

Here are a few more, hopefully more will contribute.
700strangers32.jpg

700strangers31.jpg

700strangers2.jpg

Some great stuff in this post. Quite a few made me laugh and quite a few made me wonder what the heck the story was behind them. I think that's a big part to street shooting.

Myself however, I haven't really tried much of this yet. I don't have much for zoom at the moment and don't feel comfortable shooting people whom I don't know and them knowing I'm doing it.

A couple weeks ago I wanted to get a homeless fellow. I was going to ask if I could take a few photos and offer 5$, but as I was walking over he got up and started shaking a tree beside him.

I turned around.

Some great stuff in this post. Quite a few made me laugh and quite a few made me wonder what the heck the story was behind them. I think that's a big part to street shooting.

Myself however, I haven't really tried much of this yet. I don't have much for zoom at the moment and don't feel comfortable shooting people whom I don't know and them knowing I'm doing it.

A couple weeks ago I wanted to get a homeless fellow. I was going to ask if I could take a few photos and offer 5$, but as I was walking over he got up and started shaking a tree beside him.

I turned around.

Thanks for the comments. Street shooting is not for everyone and it is difficult at first. But like all things, you get used to it after a while.

Some great shots... love the one of the woman next to all the manequins with the sign between them, and the one with the dude kind of ignoring the seagul cracked me up.

Since I was first introduced many years ago to the photography of Cartier-Bresson ( Henri Cartier-Bresson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) and of Weegee ( Weegee's World ), I've loved this stuff. I just have never had it in me to go do it myself, though. I have a difficult time taking candid photographs on the streets. Thanks for this thread ... keep them coming.

Most reactions

Back