CaptureNX2 Released Today

dEARlEADER

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looks like Nikon released a second version of the poorly constructed original NX.

Any takers yet?

I use Capture 4 and love it. I got a demo version of NX at one point and thought it was a piece of junk. maybe its because I am used to version 4 and its simplicity but NX's interface in myopinion was terrible I dont know why they would continue down the NX path when it started out so horribly. I will not waste a second of my time on NX2

Can someone school me on Capture? I have never used it and dont know its purpose.

Nikons RAW (NEF) editing software....

This version looks way more functional then the last....

Supposed to be less of a resource hog as well....

"Way more functional", being relative, isn't saying much. I use NX to convert d300 raw to .tiff to edit in photoshop cs2--The only reason I have it. Once I upgrade to cs3 I can set the light and dark points like I do with my d70 & d80 raw files in cs2. Then I'm going to delete NX from my hard drive and go take a shower to make sure I get it all off me. I love their cameras, but refuse to support their, "No retarded software engineer left behind", program. I'd rather pay $200 for a CS upgrade than get Nikon software garbage for free. AND, it doesn't hog any resources if you don't have it.

"Way more functional", being relative, isn't saying much. I use NX to convert d300 raw to .tiff to edit in photoshop cs2--The only reason I have it. Once I upgrade to cs3 I can set the light and dark points like I do with my d70 & d80 raw files in cs2. Then I'm going to delete NX from my hard drive and go take a shower to make sure I get it all off me. I love their cameras, but refuse to support their, "No retarded software engineer left behind", program. I'd rather pay $200 for a CS upgrade than get Nikon software garbage for free. AND, it doesn't hog any resources if you don't have it.

Check out the site and download the update for a 60 day free trial.... You will most likely uninstall your CS2 and find yourself rolling in the new, sweet, succulent code of NX like how a dog rolls on a dead squirrel.

Personally, I use NX all the time...

Personally, I use NX all the time...

I can understand that. And if it were a choice for me to use it initially, I may have similar thoughts. Other than that, I'm exceptionally happy with cs2 and would rather upgrade than work with a piece of software that I feel has been forced on me. From what I've read, it does nothing I can't get cs to do for me. Love the equipment though.

[/rant]

Can someone school me on Capture? I have never used it and dont know its purpose.

It's purpose is to show that Nikon like Canon know absolutely nothing about software design. I have never once used an image editor that consumes more than 400mb of ram opening a single RAW file. Capture NX took the crown for that.

I really hope Nikon got their massive massive resource management issues sorted out. The fact that Capture NX was unusable on my laptop but Lightroom runs without the slightest hiccup was a massive turnoff from what could be a decently performing (Image quality wise) program.

Most reactions

Back