
Well I myself kind of like pictures of cars that show more than just the car. I like to use the rule of thirds a lot and work in other parts of a scene..just to make it like your looking out the window at a scene and you happen to see a nice car there. Just makes a cool picture I think. I like this picture a lot..I think its just a little harsh on the contrast IMO. Maybe a little dark if that makes sense. Other than that I like the composition a lot.
I'm all for having more than just the car in the scene...but you don't want competing visual interests in the foreground with the car. A mountain in the background or nice old building can work, but in this scene you have more than one focal point or subject. YOu have the car, you have the train tracks leading your eyes away from the car, and you have the train pulling your eyes even farther from the car. Everything about this scene distracts from the car. It could have worked if he would have composed it to make the car as the central focal point.......and I don't mean in the center...I mean the only true item of focus with everything else complementing it instead of fighting for attention in the photo.
Very well spoken..I agree completely. I guess if you are trying to take a picture of a car with a cool scene, you should make sure that the car is the main idea of the picture to anyone who may see it.Well I myself kind of like pictures of cars that show more than just the car. I like to use the rule of thirds a lot and work in other parts of a scene..just to make it like your looking out the window at a scene and you happen to see a nice car there. Just makes a cool picture I think. I like this picture a lot..I think its just a little harsh on the contrast IMO. Maybe a little dark if that makes sense. Other than that I like the composition a lot.
I'm all for having more than just the car in the scene...but you don't want competing visual interests in the foreground with the car. A mountain in the background or nice old building can work, but in this scene you have more than one focal point or subject. YOu have the car, you have the train tracks leading your eyes away from the car, and you have the train pulling your eyes even farther from the car. Everything about this scene distracts from the car. It could have worked if he would have composed it to make the car as the central focal point.......and I don't mean in the center...I mean the only true item of focus with everything else complementing it instead of fighting for attention in the photo.