What's new

Firmware Re-install?

Greystones

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 6, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Location
Youlgrave, Bakewell, UK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Cannot cancel my AF Tracking/Picture Size alternate settings on my Lumix DMC-TZ70 screen to normal 'Home' screen. Firmware may be corrupted? Is it possible to re-install/replace existing firmware version 1.0?

Greystones
UK
 
Try resetting to factory defaults. Google AI states procedure below, but sometimes AI lies.
Might want to check your factory manual online.

Factory Reset Procedure
  1. Turn the camera on.
  2. Press the [MENU/SET] button.
  3. Navigate to the Setup menu (represented by a spanner icon).
  4. Select Reset.
  5. Select Reset REC. settings? or Reset setup settings? and follow the prompts. [1, 2, 3]

Alternative/Hard Reset (If Camera is Frozen)
If the camera is unresponsive, perform a power drain: [1]
  1. Turn off the camera and remove the battery.
  2. Hold down the shutter button for 60 seconds.
  3. Leave the battery out for about 5 minutes.
  4. Reinsert the battery and turn the camera on.
 
Thanks, Photohobbyist, for your prompt response. I have tried both of your suggestions but the problem still remains! I have been notified as well by another that the latest firmware version is 1.3 apparently & have replied asking for online URL to download. If this is the case (even though Panasonic chat told me 1.0 was only one!)? Do you know?
 
I would go on panasonic's website and see if there is a firmware update for your camera there.
 
AI Overview - If you are unable to cancel AF Tracking or change picture size settings on your Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70, it is often because the camera is stuck in a specific recording mode (like Intelligent Auto) or a custom setting needs to be reset
 
Thanks for your further suggestions. IA has no reset, but I have reset the Custome settings. I had the screen display settings showing all the time, until I changed the Display to 'Without information' which cleared the display thankfully. So, maybe I have cured the problem with a combination of Rests & Displays? I'll see.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom