Car Club Photos for C&C.....

mrpink

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
there was a Porsche Club meeting at a local dealership, here are my choice shots...

4387955321_a67ed833d8_b.jpg

Bummed I could not get the whole window in this shot (there was another car behind me) It was shot with a D40, 50mm MF, 1/60, F4. I thought it was a nice colorful shot.

--------------------------------------

4387954287_fcee9f88a2_b.jpg

A friend of mine's race 911. This was shot with a D40, 18-55mm @ 20mm, 1/1.6 (on gorilla pod) F16. I also used my remote shutter release for this shot.

---------------------------------------

4387953155_842131f905_b.jpg

Another race Porsche. Not sure if the background is distracting or not- I think it works and adds a bit of interest to the picture. Again, D40, 18-55mm @ 31mm, 1/1.6 (on the pod) F20.

---------------------------------------

4388714876_56de4961c5_b.jpg

A late 60 Speedster. I had to do some PP on this to remove my reflection in the rear view mirror- I am sure that you can tell this was done, I am not a photoshop genius by any stretch. The background is blown out, but I could not find a way to combat this due to the positioning of the car. D40, 50mm MF, 1/30 F2.5.

----------------------------------------

This was my first real, dedicated photo excursion and I must say, I learned alot. The dealership had different lighting in every area so I needed to mind my WB very carefully. Also, this was my first time using a tripod (gorilla pod) and remote shutter. I found these tools to be very helpful in the longer shutter times. Also, became very accustomed to the manual focus of the 50mm 1.8 lens.

Let me know what you think.

p!nK

Like the last one and the second one.

The hanging face mask/goggles is a nice touch

Those are some extremely awesome cars there! I like the colors in #1 but the perspective is weird to me. Plus, like you said a corner of the window is cut off. I really like the low perspectives on #2,3 though. It's good you had the gorilla pod. How do you like it? I've considered throwing one in my bag. The background in #2 is a nice touch. Those are nice toolboxes :thumbup: I like the use of the roll bar for framing the subject, which I'm assuming is the goggles.

It's good you had the gorilla pod. How do you like it? I've considered throwing one in my bag.

For the whole one times I have used it, it worked great. super simple. held the D40 with a SB-600 with no problems. Make sure you get the Gorilla Pod brand, there are some knock offs that I have seen (Targus I think) that aren't worth a damn.

Thanks for the comments, I still smell like exhaust from when they pulled those race Porsches inside. Next up is a track day in the spring.

p!nK

The owner of the purple Porsche wants a larger print for his shop.

1. Is there anything PP wise I should do that would make this a better photo? I was thinking about removing the exit sign as it is a bit distracting.

2. He wants me to put a "signature" in the photo (small 'XYZ photography' image in the lower corner)... are there any tutorials on making one of these? If I could find a volunteer to make one that would be ideal, I really suck at Photoshop and graphic design.:confused:

thanks

p!nK

cool pics. id love to join a car club some day i love old and new cars.

A few more from the set...

4389093734_88e8d3e83b_b.jpg

Bummed I missed the focus on the GTS, played around with it in Lightroom and came up with this, the original car was a goldish color and really pulled away from the badging.

--------------------------------------------------------

4388328187_07c4db20c0_b.jpg

Again, wish I could have captured the entire rear grill on this one, but with the angle I needed to take the shot (the overhead lighting was very harsh) I could not get high enough to get it all in.

---------------------------------------------------------

Still looking for comments on improving the purple Porsche shot for print, anyone?

p!nK

Great shots! Glad I came in this thread and saw them. You have good angles and perspectives.

I'm not very good at PP, but on the purple car, maybe just crop out some of the floor. You could try to clone out the exit sign, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. I mean it is and exit door.

I like the last one of the first set, and the first one of the second set.

IMO you should have positioned (or cropped) the cars in #2 and #3 different, more near the top or the bottom of your image. Right now they're dead center, which I find a little boring.

On a side note, that GT2 Evo (I guess?) in #2 is absolutely crazy.

Most reactions

Back