Car Photo C&C Please

Overstanding

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a photo of my car I captured over the weekend. Let me know what you think and be as harsh as you want. It'll help me improve :)

Canon Rebel XT w/28-135, ISO 100, F/5.6, Shutter Speed 13 seconds.
Edited in Lightroom.

Thanks,
-Derrick

I love car shots, especially cool cars :thumbup:

Id like to see maybe a bit more of the background though, but otherwise I like.

Nice shot. The composition could be a little bit better. I think maybe keep the car more towards the bottom left of the photo give a little more head room to the car and a little more of the background to the right side of the car.

13 seconds?!?!
good shot though. maybe you can hopefully just readjust the crop instead of trying to reshoot

So sounds like I should work on my composition a bit? Out of all the shots this is the one I like the best, but still I think I could have done better. Is 13 seconds to long? lol I forgot to mention I shot this is AV mode, so the shutter speed was calculated for me. How's the quality? Mabe I should of uploaded the original as well, so you can see the difference.

I love this shot...was it taken at night? Towards the top of the photo it looks like it could be nighttime...maybe I am wrong. But for some reason I was distracted by the windshield and found myself trying to see what I could see through it...Could be a cool shot if the windshield was somehow darkened, maybe? Maybe I'm crazy. I too like car shots. Agree about more of the background...Otherwise the shot was cool. Love the color of the car, it photographs well. =)

Yea it was taken at night. I like the idea of making the windshield darker. Don't know how i'd do it tho. Mabe bounce a light off it to make it shiny getting rid of the interior? Or mabe that's something that has to be done in photoshop?

I like this shot.

A touch more room above the car would be nice, and I like the idea of darkening the windshield.

Try selecting it in your editing software and turning down the brightness. You could get alot fancier in photoshop to maybe dodge or burn it (can't remember which is which).

Cheers

Nice shot, just think it's cropped way too tight

To darken the windshield in photoshop you would use the burning tool...it's really simple. I use it on a daily basis. Would love to see what it turns out like when its finished if you do it! =)

To darken the windshield in photoshop you would use the burning tool...it's really simple. I use it on a daily basis. Would love to see what it turns out like when its finished if you do it! =)

If you want to effectively darken the window you could "paint with light" using layers and a mask. Very easy and fun to do when you want to burn in or dodge certain areas.

But a car like that and a camera could make some outstanding photos. If you have the chance, shoot again, but do not crop elements out of the frame like you did with this one. When you shoot a car you either focus on certain aspects of it, or try and fill the frame with the entire car. Get creative, use some lights, or a flash.

Thanks for the tip Jeffrey. I'm slowly stepping into flash photography. I will definitely reshoot sometime.

Most reactions

Back