Car Photography - Critique Wanted

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Yama.Furiku, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Yama.Furiku

Yama.Furiku TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi All,
    I am new to the Photo Forums and thought it would be good to dive in here and get some critiques day one.

I run an instagram profile (@Yama.Furiku) focusing on car photography. And I am looking at improving myself, so any and all comments and critiques are welcome!

I have added a few images here and will make another post at some point down the line with more images for further feedback.
    Gear I use: Canon 60D with the 24-70mm(Canon) and the 11-16mm(Tamaron)

Thank you in advance !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Braineack

Braineack Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    the detail shots are good.

anything that suggests you were at a car show just reads snapshot to me, because that's pretty much all they are. the 86 shot is ruined by the spectator walking by -- gotta watch that when you can avoid it.

IMHO, I think car shows are the last place one should start getting into car photography -- you at the mercy of all variables. you have no control of the subject, the lighting, the background, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. minicoop1985

minicoop1985 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    The detail shots are OK. The GTR one (first shot, not the R34) needs to have the whole car in focus to really work, as the DOF is a bit distracting in this case. Also, I would get away from shooting at car shows. Sure, it's the easiest place to find awesome cars, but like Braineack said, you have zero control over anything. And the backgrounds just plain suck-people all over the place, vendors, signs, other cars, etc.

4. Peeb

Peeb Semi-automatic Mediocrity Generator Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I found The cutting off the tops of the circular shapes in number one to be distracting. I found many of the backgrounds to be distracting, Although I disagree with previously expressed thought that the blown out background in number one was any kind of problem. On the contrary, I wish that the background of some of the others could've been blown out a bit more to take attention away from them. I might've been tempted to crop several shots a little closer . Your focus and capture of colors was quite excellent in many instances

5. Yama.Furiku

Yama.Furiku TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

Thanks for the feedback so far!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app