Car shopping.. what do you drive?

Mustang GT. Modded to 450 horsepower. Throw you back in the seat acceleration but not practical in any other way.

Hey, you asked what I drive :1219:

12186640_10206363745385022_189949433214009853_o.jpg

Mustang GT. Modded to 450 horsepower. Throw you back in the seat acceleration but not practical in any other way.

Hey, you asked what I drive :1219:

View attachment 135589

When you need to get to the shoot in a hurry. Or when you are trying to get away from a shoot in an even bigger hurry. (Time is $$$$$$)

For work, my little Corolla towing my rowboat to a shoot...
14712874_10154283127568600_3344885674400623070_o.jpg

For fun, my Tacoma towing my rowboat to a shoot...
12052514_10153408908213600_6420092610294891903_o.jpg

For the family, my Odyssey carrying my kayaks and the kids to a nearby lake :D

426003_10150956170208600_787067205_n.jpg

For the road - 2016 F350 Lariat, Crew Cab, 4x4 dually. 6.7 diesel. For around town - 2013 Ford Escape SE V6, For Play and Woods, 1987 Suzuki Samurai 4x4 (restored).

How many gas stations per mile about do you get out of those. That V6 around town must really guzzle the stuff.
Im from Ireland

Last edited:
I have a boring mom car, a Honda Pilot that I absolutely love. It's been super reliable and low maintenance. My main considerations were the 8 passenger capacity and the extra storage space. technically I have only 1 child but... when that child is a teenaged girl they travel in packs so having extra room is essential.

One item not previously mentioned is that a hatch or SUV do not have very secure "out of sight" storage. Something with a trunk might be better if you'll frequently leave gear in your car.

2008 Audi A4 S line 2.0 TDI, 2 litre might seem childish to you in the states but with diesel at €1.21 a litre or $1.28 per quarter gallon in it would be madness to drive a around town in a V8.

1 litre = .26 of a US gallon

My Camera bag fits nicely into the car and theres plenty of room for a tripod.

For the road - 2016 F350 Lariat, Crew Cab, 4x4 dually. 6.7 diesel. For around town - 2013 Ford Escape SE V6, For Play and Woods, 1987 Suzuki Samurai 4x4 (restored).

How many gas stations per mile about do you get out of those. That V6 around town must really guzzle the stuff.
Im from Ireland

The F350 gets 16-17 mpg on the road empty. 10-12 mpg with a 16,000#, 5th wheel behind. At 440 hp, almost 900 ft-lbs of torque, and power to all 6 wheels, it can leave most sports car off the line. The Escape combined runs around 22 mpg, and the Suzuki is currently at about 200 mpg (It gets towed a lot :1247:)

I get 40-ish mpg from mine, Audi A4 2.0 TDI, 140 hp, it will also leave a lot of cars behind, but fair enough if you use the thing for hauling stuff in back. That kind of truck would not be practical over here.

2008 Audi A4 S line 2.0 TDI, 2 litre might seem childish to you in the states but with diesel at €1.21 a litre or $1.28 per quarter gallon in it would be madness to drive a around town in a V8.

1 litre = .26 of a US gallon

My Camera bag fits nicely into the car and theres plenty of room for a tripod.

Might grumble a little on fuel prices, but at the stage of life I'm in I don't really worry about it anymore. It is what it is, I drive when and where I want (in comfort)

I have a boring mom car, a Honda Pilot that I absolutely love. It's been super reliable and low maintenance. My main considerations were the 8 passenger capacity and the extra storage space. technically I have only 1 child but... when that child is a teenaged girl they travel in packs so having extra room is essential.

One item not previously mentioned is that a hatch or SUV do not have very secure "out of sight" storage. Something with a trunk might be better if you'll frequently leave gear in your car.

Don't know about other hatchbacks or SUVs, but mine has a removable cover, so nothing is actually exposed when the hatch is closed.

Don't know about other hatchbacks or SUVs, but mine has a removable cover, so nothing is actually exposed when the hatch is closed.

Mine has that too but I've always considered it a "look here for the good stuff" sign.

Love my Pilot Touring. It is a great road car. The wife and I have traveled many a place in it in comfort. Not to mention that the built in DVD player and screen combined with the wireless headphones is guaranteed to shut the 5 and 7 year old grand kids up for HOURS!!!

Mine has that too but I've always considered it a "look here for the good stuff" sign.

Funny you should mention that, because several of our SUVs including the current one have that. I've always been afraid to close it (regardless of if there was anything underneath) for fear that someone would bust out a window to check!!!

I use mine all the time. Thing is someone looking to break into a vehicle is more likely to break into one where there is a guaranteed reward, packages on the back seat, purse left behind etc., rather than one where there may or may not be something behind curtain #3.

Most reactions

Back