To start off with, I'd say this is fine for now. However, since it seems like you spend a lot of time with and working on your car with your buddies, why not spruce it up by upgrading your equipment? Pick up a nice SLR, experiment and you'll be pleased what you come up with.
Love the 2nd shot btw
They are nice cars, but they are not nice pictures. Good for facebook posting, but I don't consider these photographs.
Exposure is bad, composition is non existant, the white balance is off, sharpness, lighting, location.... most things need to be done different and can be improved.
Read up on actual photography:
Exposure (shutter, ISO, aperture)
Composition rules (rule of thirds, angles,...)
Look at professional car pictures and try and copy those to start
YOU ARE CORRECT I need better equipment!!! Another reason I am here!
They are nice cars, but they are not nice pictures. Good for facebook posting, but I don't consider these photographs.
Exposure is bad, composition is non existant, the white balance is off, sharpness, lighting, location.... most things need to be done different and can be improved.
Read up on actual photography:
Exposure (shutter, ISO, aperture)
Composition rules (rule of thirds, angles,...)
Look at professional car pictures and try and copy those to start
A bit harsh, aren't we? Ok, exposure kind of sucks, but "composition is non existant"? "Location"? I don't think you have seen that many professional car pictures sir. Trying to copy them is exactly what he does. Sure, everything needs work, but unless you think that people climb places or drop to the ground to take casual snapshots, you can see that the effort is there in most of these photographs.
However i second the advice, read up the basics of photography and practice a bit with your camera and you'll see a huge improvement to these shots.
To start off with, I'd say this is fine for now. However, since it seems like you spend a lot of time with and working on your car with your buddies, why not spruce it up by upgrading your equipment? Pick up a nice SLR, experiment and you'll be pleased what you come up with.
Love the 2nd shot btw
YOU ARE CORRECT I need better equipment!!! Another reason I am here!
To start off with, I'd say this is fine for now. However, since it seems like you spend a lot of time with and working on your car with your buddies, why not spruce it up by upgrading your equipment? Pick up a nice SLR, experiment and you'll be pleased what you come up with.
Love the 2nd shot btw
YOU ARE CORRECT I need better equipment!!! Another reason I am here!
No need to get all worked up about it, just a C&C. You never really know how serious people are on these forums. People come and go all the time.
But,
1) What camera are you considering getting?
2) What software are you going to use for PP? (Use them)
Post more soon, I'd like to see how your work progresses if your that dedicated as you say you are. I'm working on technique as well, and doing work on car photography as well