Carn Brea, Cornwall.

Ellis108

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I am new,

My first time shooting and only with compact camera, so easy on the comments. The light wasnt perfect, lovely hill though. Shot with Casio Exilim Z1080 compact camera, 10.1 mp.:)

2876190970_27e88351da.jpg

2876196018_8abd286eee.jpg

2875359473_4b9e9fcfc3.jpg

2876178576_57a1936b34.jpg

2876172882_24515959fd.jpg

2875341419_a82ceb0c24.jpg

Nice job, You might try Enhancing a couple of them in photoshop, get that color to pop, or maybe even get an urban look that would look really neat with the last one... ;)

Overall, these are nice. All suffer a little bit due to not enough contrast.

Seems to have some compositional issues I would have moved the tower thingy (I have no idea what that is) a little more to the right of the picture. I do like the angle as it looks like you got lower to the ground to capture this one.

I feel this one is the best out of the series. I like the simplicity of it as you are drawn right away to the tower thingy. Here's some stuff that you can do to possibly improve it edit wise. let me know if you like the edit and I'll be happy to let you know how I achieved it.

edit I:
2885023887_d4d2ef4f8d_o.jpg

edit II
2885024031_9575286c1e_o.jpg

I feel this one has the most compositional issues of them all. I feel that this one was "taken at the hip" so to speak. Where is the subject? I'm assuming it's the castle on the left, but it's almost cut out of the picture. The horizon is not straight or appears that way (granted... sometimes you'll get a sloping horizon (hills and such) and it's hard to balance out if you want the subject level or the horizon level cause it'll look crooked one way or the other). Watch your shadows... It looks like you got somebodies shadow in the righthand side of the picture.

I like the subject matter and I like the fact that you have the blurred out castle in the background but I feel that the castle is the subject not the in focus flowers and it might have benifited to get a little higher as to not block part of the castle with the flowers. I think that keeping the castle out of focus (though it could be considered the subject) is a nice effect here. Oh, and watch your shadows again

Although it seems that the grain in the foreground is the subject, it has the effect of being in the way rather than the subject with a nice blurred out background. I would suggest at least getting the tops of the grain than getting halfway down the top part. You would probably get rid of that feeling that the grain is just in the way, but be transformed as the subject.

I think this one is the second best of the pictures. Could use a little constrast, but a lovely picture overall.

Cheers for that, I like edit two, it was my first time shooting so I am still learning alot. Thanks for the help and advice. :)

Last edited:
I have to agree about the composition with that tower but I do like the rest. I was there a few weeks back but didn't get the chance to take any shots :grumpy:

Most reactions

Back