Carolina Wren and Red Winged Blackbird

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This Carolina Wren just popped up and posed for me today. Such a little cutie. He posed for quite awhile. I tried to change my angle to get a sign yellow sign behind him to make him really stand out. Only got one shot from that angle.. The beaches here are swarming with Red Winged Black Birds. They are really difficult to get exposed with the setting sun. Normally they are very shy, but I got a few posers.. I was happy to get my 2x teleconverter back from Sigma today, even though I had to chase down 2 Fedex trucks to find it.. Anyways comments welcome...

Carolina Wren by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Carolina Wren by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

RWBB 1 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

RWBB 3 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

RWBB 2 by krisinct- Thanks for 1 Million + views!, on Flickr

Beautiful detail as always Kris :thumbup:

There was a rwbb at my feeders yesterday, a sure sign that spring might eventually get here.

Those wren's can really make a loud noise for such a small bird !!!!

Beautiful detail as always Kris :thumbup:

There was a rwbb at my feeders yesterday, a sure sign that spring might eventually get here.

Those wren's can really make a loud noise for such a small bird !!!!
Thanks Bill! It sure doesn't seem like spring is in the air yet. WTH? It's been like 5 months of winter.. What happened to global warming?

Really like the Carolina Wren images...

Kris, very nice pictures - I really like #2 and #3. Glad to see some sign of Spring in somebody's world. Our only real sign of spring so far is that a lot of the snow has melted, the crows are refurbishing their old nests and the calendar says Spring is here today; however, just to remind us that winter is just a few days old, weather folks are forecasting snow over the next few days, anywhere from 5 to 15 cm of the white stuff - go figure - we are into our sixth month of "winter".

WesternGuy

Very nice. No Carolina Wrens in South western BC but RWBBs are fairly common if sometimes elusive. They tend to stay way out in the marsh and I'm not willing to get muddy. #4 kinda stands out for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back