Cars, what do you have, and what would you like to have?

Nobody is doing manual transmissions any more.

On the one hand I really miss it. With a small turbo especially, it's great to drop a gear and pre-spool the turbo.

On the other hand, a fast shifting paddle is just as good when you need it. I keep the SL in S+ pretty much all the time. I expected with 3 shift modes (C, S, S+) that I'd be in S on the street, and S+ was pretty much track specific, but that's just not the case. In S+, the car's pretty much ready to play whenever I am.

Our family car is a 2006 Dodge Caravan, but I have two "toys" in the garage. One is a 1968 Dodge Coronet 500 convertible and the other is a 1968 Pontiac Firebird 400 (w/455).

coronet-nwr-02.jpg

firebird-nwr-03.jpg

If I had unlimited resources, any 60's muscle car.

My Pony's..... 85 4-banger notch and 88 5.0 LX vert. I rebuilt both in my driveway.

If I had gobs of money I'd own a Mustang from every year.

I sold my WRX for something a little more fitting for my commute:

jWicV9t3C9l2JIfc51icmYzhHqSPV4vARzQ-vLCLkj8T9jsg5jphygz-BHTK_tcPOBOSugYCMFZBCW3r7D03g2g-C-fPh3tUTyAOEkz5mR4fsstbmDcCqgYRyNP0pYbEtC7MDpSM_pwkRJlKvRiDtmaPb39KoG7z9MZPJbXRu_ikMHXr0yRCAQ5K1HIqCS0YxIS9gXmgUTxG8rIlMlKyIxjSuzoX3xKB_qfnEHMQ5zpAm8xTGiJ9jYSn6LZvFX1diqglhaNHRiK90jhMtHOTqv5nEljijo3HNbn9OYa0ixlvBH7wbh_Am7goyQdK0Rner0a5OrhfVIPl-WS1bRs6TR--U9aFBn5_paVzUd7Sy9Au0Ks8o84tZpHeGDwSzRtMtXpT6vU2t9yHEeH3uTFnasT5FxJ-sEpez4RrM1E1rchMhLm-4w4InyH8VyTigusr_7sOyEnNzykKAfVna9MvkXPJXO2chr1YiRl9U_tyos2iJbNaKc9L3-nQciiM5ZY3F9uYXam1roO7hPba0rz9q538ogACZVEcaMh6mcnMPyTV7ib0uY4k8AqW-LO_xn2LLbRekA=w464-h824-no

So I forgot my dream car. THAT would be a Jag F type. Here's to hoping there's enough commercial photography needs around here to finance one...

My brother and I share cars, and we have had a lot of old junkers through the years.

Right now this is what we have.

1979 VW Bus, not running yet. ;)

A 1993 Mazda B2200.
Mazda Pickup! 013.jpg

1981 Chevy C30, extended frame flatbed, with fifth wheel hitch. We use it to pull 24' triple axle trailer, that haul tractors on. It only has a 292 in it, put have pulled loads more than 14,000 pounds. We had a trailer hung up once, and the pick up was on pavement, it pulled so hard in low that the front end was starting to come up! But we let off before we knocked the read end out. A lot of torque, but a top speed of 55mph. :biggrin-93:
4-28 050.jpg

This is my Mom's 74 Super Beetle, but my brother has done a ton of restore work on it, so it is kind a family car.:)
VW BUG 019.jpg

If money was no issue.

For when the roads are bad I want a Icon FJ45 ICON4x4 • ICON FJ

And for fun driving a Lotus Elise SC Roger Becker edition! :allteeth: http://roa.h-cdn.co/assets/cm/14/47...us-elise-and-exige-rgb-special-edition-lg.jpg

Right now I drive a 2011 Chevy Impala and a 2014 Harley Davidson Road King. They get me by, I would like to have something more but money is the pitfall.

My dream car that's one day achievable is a Cadillac CTS-V wagon. 700RWHP+ grocery-getter. Pack the kids and luggage and still haul ass.
Money being endless, I'd own a Ferrari. Although that new Ford GT coming out looks pretty bitchin'. And McLaren makes some amazing automobiles. But Underground Racing does some great things with Lamborghinis and Audi R8s. Or the BMW Z4 GT3-spec is just a spectacular machine. Ahhhh the list never ends...

Last edited:
My daily driver is a 2012 ford focus and my play toy is a 1969 Jaguar E-Type. Full restoration, Ford 5 speed, triple Weber side draft carbs, light weight flywheel, custom cams, aluminum radiator, electric fans, ported, bored, polished, custom headers, custom exhaust. She's a beast

Dream car would be an e-type body with a 5.9 cummins (built up), 6 speed, all wheel drive.

Had a 99 Harley Sportster 1200 Custom that I regret selling and had a built 99 Jeep Wrangler for rock crawling. 4.25" lift, 35" tires, front and rear lockers, 4.11 ring and pinions and million other things.

Current locomotion is a Honda Element - best location-shooting, gear-hauling vehicle ever. Had a Ferrari 308 for over 10 years that I restored (photos in my gallery). Tumblr blog on the restoration for those into that kind of thing.

rebirth of a Ferrari

Most reactions

New Topics

Back