Cars?

core_17 said:
What kind of a car do you drive?

Got it about 2 months ago:

washedVette1.jpg

Machine way, stick shift or Auto transmission?

Here's an old car of mine...painted up back when we had NHL hockey :(

Car-pics-1.jpg

Twist, that looks yummy :D

Do you off-road a lot?

full_17_p334.jpg

'96 F150
full_17_p335.jpg

'95 Lebaron GTC
full_17_p336.jpg

'04 Saturn Ion Quad Coupe
Obviously I have no particular brand loyalty!

My boyfriend says after working for 2 years as a mechanic, he has no brand loyalty either! He says they're ALL crap! :)

I really have no complaints about the Saturn (3rd one I've had) or the Ford although I'm not a big Chrysler fan. They really cheeped out with the switches in this car.

I haven't talked to a single Saturn owner that DID have complaints. Really sounds like a good quality car.

core_17 said:
I haven't talked to a single Saturn owner that DID have complaints. Really sounds like a good quality car.

Boy, I sure have! I'v eheard they're junk around 120k miles.

You're right about brand loyalty, each manuf has junk cars, but some have less than others. Typically, honda, volkswagon and toyota are bulletproof though. Chrysler is typically junk from owners I've talked to (many, including my sister). American cars are getting much, much better though. I'm not a "car guy" by any means, at least not anymore, I drive cars for what they do for me. Our '98 Jetta has about 140k miles on it,k and all we've ever done is replace the bettery in it. I also own a 2000 Miata that hasn't had a problem yet, but I've heard Mazda has lemmons too.

I worked my way through school at a car wash..I saw just about every make & model. I really saw the difference between a quality car and cheaper one.

It does make a big difference if you take care of your vehicles though. My GF's father (a part time farmer) drives over 120 km each day to work and back. He changes the oil religiously and takes care of his vehicles...We have a car and a truck handed down from him...both over 300000 km...both run great. His wife has a Mazda with over 230000 km and it looks & runs just like brand new.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back