Cars?

My daily driver is a 97 Expedition.

But this is my weekend ride:

PC320047.jpg

I compete in drag racing...

E4.jpg

mentos_007 said:
I drive.... Fiat Cinquecento from 1997. This is my firs car it is sooo small and cute that I love it :) btw I have a driving licence for half a year now :)

Mentos, I always heard Fiats were terribly unreliable, but haven't tlaked to anyone that's owned one. How long have you had it? Are the rumors true? Isn't that an italian car?

That's awesome! I went to school with a girl who did Jr. Drag racing. Btw, Welcome to the forum! Heh heh...you look ready to kick some @ss in that picture!

RadialPrincess said:
My daily driver is a 97 Expedition.

But this is my weekend ride: <fords follow>

Lol, fortunately I outgrew the mustang phase long ago... I owned like 4 of those pieces of junk. Good strong motors; everything else fell apart. Tranny gives out around 80k, heater core goes out (which is either 4 hours of work or about $300 to fix), door handles break off... there's a reason they said FORD="Fix Or Repair Daily"

Here's a few more pix of mine:

washedVette2.jpg

washedVette5.jpg

There isn't much of mine that is still stock. I built a 331 cubic inch motor, with an 88mm turbo. Never hurt the motor, and the only Chevrolet part on the car IS a Powerglide transmission and has broken 6 times. I've been 8.20 @ 172 mph in the 1/4 mile.
:)

RadialPrincess said:
There isn't much of mine that is still stock. I built a 331 cubic inch motor, with an 88mm turbo. Never hurt the motor, and the only Chevrolet part on the car IS a Powerglide transmission and has broken 6 times. I've been 8.20 @ 172 mph in the 1/4 mile.

HAHAHA...i think youll fit in just fine here princess... :lol:

md

RadialPrincess said:

Since this IS a "car thread"...

So, you complain about a chevrolet tranny breaking that was built for passenger cars? Ok..

Not that I have any brand loyalty to chevrolet, or any other manuf. But I certainly wouldn't buy a ford again. And mos tof hte parts on your car aren't ford. And there were fords in the 7's, WITHOUT stroker motors, when i was "into" cars at the age of 22, which was 10 years ago.

In fact, due to limitations of ford mustangs, "all things being equal" you'll always get beat by cars like buick GN's (always have, always will) and "longer" cars like vettes because you'll never get the same traction, again all things being equal.

I spent plenty of time enough at the track racing my own mustang ('90 LX) to get a chance to see which cars were on top. that's why i sold that piece of junk and bought an AWD eclipse - another guy that regularly smoked them. It's all about the traction when it comes to 1/4 mile, as I'm sure you know.

mentos_007 said:
I drive.... Fiat Cinquecento from 1997. This is my firs car it is sooo small and cute that I love it :) btw I have a driving licence for half a year now :)

Congratulations on that!!!! I've heard how hard it is to get a liscense over there.

hobbes28 said:
mentos_007 said:

Congratulations on that!!!! I've heard how hard it is to get a liscense over there.

Really? How come it's hard to get one?

I know in Germany you have to go to a driving school and pass before you can even take the test and the school costs like three grand. Explains why there are so many good drivers over there.

Also, about horsepower... I used to own a Kawasaki ZX-11 back in the day and I ALWAYS had those people in cars that wanted to drag race at the stoplights. It didn't matter if it was a vette, mustang, camaro, whatever. I have to say that isn't the smartest thinking I've ever seen. :)

So, you complain about a chevrolet tranny breaking that was built for passenger cars? Ok..

Not that I have any brand loyalty to chevrolet, or any other manuf. But I certainly wouldn't buy a ford again. And mos tof hte parts on your car aren't ford. And there were fords in the 7's, WITHOUT stroker motors, when i was "into" cars at the age of 22, which was 10 years ago.

In fact, due to limitations of ford mustangs, "all things being equal" you'll always get beat by cars like buick GN's (always have, always will) and "longer" cars like vettes because you'll never get the same traction, again all things being equal.

I spent plenty of time enough at the track racing my own mustang ('90 LX) to get a chance to see which cars were on top. that's why i sold that piece of junk and bought an AWD eclipse - another guy that regularly smoked them. It's all about the traction when it comes to 1/4 mile, as I'm sure you know.

Sigh....

I run in a class that is mandated by factory suspension, and limited to a radial tire, not a slick. I am the fastest female in the world on a radial tire, and the fastest pass EVER on a radial is only 7.97, which incidentally, is a fox Mustang with a turbo as well.

Powerglide transmissions are the norm for all of these type race cars, and it was a joke. None of them are the originals that came in your standard car.

As far as non-stroked motors in the 7's, I check the record, and the fastest stock bore/stroke/block combo with a power adder is nowhere NEAR the 7's. 10 years ago, the fastest Mustangs in the world were using Windsor stroked powerplants. In fact, in 1994, Billy Glidden was the first in the 7's with a 7.99 at the Motorsport Nationals with a Crawford 400 inch nitrous injected windsor... not the 302 powerplant.

But what do I know?

I do however have to admit that from the factory... the new Z06 and the new Cobra are a very tight race.

hobbes28 said:
I know in Germany you have to go to a driving school and pass before you can even take the test and the school costs like three grand. Explains why there are so many good drivers over there.

you're right.
the same in Austria, and it's damn expensive. I own my driver license for a year now and it was pretty tuff :drunk:

RadialPrincess said:

Sigh....

I run in a class that is mandated by factory suspension, and limited to a radial tire, not a slick. I am the fastest female in the world on a radial tire, and the fastest pass EVER on a radial is only 7.97, which incidentally, is a fox Mustang with a turbo as well.

Powerglide transmissions are the norm for all of these type race cars, and it was a joke. None of them are the originals that came in your standard car.

As far as non-stroked motors in the 7's, I check the record, and the fastest stock bore/stroke/block combo with a power adder is nowhere NEAR the 7's. 10 years ago, the fastest Mustangs in the world were using Windsor stroked powerplants. In fact, in 1994, Billy Glidden was the first in the 7's with a 7.99 at the Motorsport Nationals with a Crawford 400 inch nitrous injected windsor... not the 302 powerplant.

But what do I know?

I do however have to admit that from the factory... the new Z06 and the new Cobra are a very tight race.

i think im in love... :drool: :drool: :drool:

md

RadialPrincess said:

Sigh....

But what do I know?

I must say. You rule. Around my area, it's tough for us girls to get respect in the automotive area. Really sucks.

Most reactions

Back